My new XD-9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
Well after going through two Kahr CW-45's, I traded it in for a Springfield XD-9. My first kahr misfired many rounds and the slide was stuck shut with a misfired round in the chamber. I could not pull the slide back, so I took it back to the gunshop and they gave me a new one. I was shooting 230gr fmj though it, and only got through 50 rounds before it screwed up.

When I got the new one the guys at the gun shop told me to clean it really well before I shot it and use lighter bullets for the first several shots. Well on Sunday my dad and I went to our cabin to shoot. The only lighter bullets I could find were personal defense rounds, that were 185gr jhp's that were $29 for a box of 20. I bought two boxes and shot them through, having many misfires, and having the slide stick shut once again. On the misfires the the striker was not hitting the primer, rather the inner rim of the case. I continued firing another 100 rounds of 230gr fmj through it, it continued to misfire and the slide was also sticking fully to the rear and I could not push it forward. I had to whack the butt of the slide on the wooden railing of the deck at my cabin to get it forward. Another problem I was having was while the slide was locked back, and I would put a clip in, it would close the slide automatically, chambering a round. This was really pissing me off, as well as my dad, as it was my Christmas gift from him.

We shot the same amount of rounds through my dad's XD-M and his Bersa .380, and P90 .45 and had absolutely no problems. After two brand new guns and over $120 ammo for it, I said the hell with it and took it back and traded it in and got a new XD-9. I got the two tone and plan to shoot it Saturday after the last day of flintlock season. The Kahr came with one clip while the XD came with two clips, a holster, daul clip holder, and a clip loader. Springfield also has an offer that gives you two clips and a clip holder for free when you buy a new xd or xd-m. So for $100 more I get 4 clips and a bunch of other junk, and a reliable gun :D

I am pretty positive that I will be very happy with this gun, as my dad's xd shot extremely well, and I will not be paying out the nose for .45. I will wait till I get a 1911 to do that :lol:

I really gotta say that I am extremely impressed with the customer service from this gunshop. The owner and other associates and very knowledgable and kind. The shop offers a lifetime warranty on all new guns purchased. They gave me a brand new gun, no questions asked, then traded in my other malfunctioning gun for a completely different gun, with no hassles. They are great guys. If you live in southeast PA, or buy guns on gunbroker, check them out https://www.lowescertifiedguns.com/

Sorry for the long post, I just needed to vent a little, as it was really pissing me off. It turned out well though.

I think you'll be much more happier with the XD-9.. I haven't heard of the problems you've been having with the Kahr either - I've got military drill this weekend and I'll talk to the gun buff down there about it

I'm not one to say "I told you so", so.... enjoy your new Springfield. :)

It should be a much more serviceable gun.

To my knowledge, my one buddy has still not fired his new Kahr but I had another buddy with two .380 Kahrs that were nothing but jammomatics.

ah man your lucky. I love the olive green. i was shooting the xd-m 40 cal last weekend and never had a problem with it. plus i shot the closest shot pattern in the class with it out of 5 other ppl with 5 other guns (1 having a scope :lol: )

congradulations i cant wait to get mine in the spring

Thanks guys, I agree that I will be happy. Quackrstackr, I know I know. I am no auto pistol guru, I just really liked the feel of the Kahr, and was trying to keep the price lower for my pop. I also have read a bunch of great reviews on the Kahrs so I was pretty disappointed. I ended up splitting the difference on the gun, which I could tell my dad was happy about.

My dad has the olive/stainless xd-m, and it looks awesome. They only had all black and black and stainless at the gun shop, so I took the black/stainless. They also had no .40sw, or I would have gotten one of those. A 9mm will suffice for what I want it for. I will let everyone know how I like it after I hopefully shoot it this weekend.

Was able to shoot my new gun today. It was the last day of flintlock deer season, and we were lucky enough to get some a few inches of snow overnight to make the woods pretty. Unfortunately there was an ice storm earlier in the week so walking in the wood was pretty sketchy. My grandpop wanted to leave early since more snow was expected. So after hunting a few hours in the early morning I quickly ran 100 rounds through my gun. First shot at 25yds was practically in the bull. I continued shooting and had absolutely no malfuctions, jams, misfires, or another other problems. This gun shoots extremely well and is very accurate. After all my problems with my Kahr I am extremely happy to have a perfect fuctioning, reliable handgun :D

Now I am gonna be needing a 1911 =P~

Latest posts