Need some advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcontrer82

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been looking for a new boat. I wanted a 1648 but i ran across this 1542 on craigslist. I got the guy down to 1800 and I am about to go for it but I really wanted a 1648. I think this is worth it for the motor alone. What do you all think?

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/boa/4290945960.html

That's a pretty good deal on the 1542 with trailer and motor but if it's not what you want don't buy it

I am still on the fence. My reasoning for want the 1648 was to add a side console. I have seen some on here putting a side console on the 1542 but I'm just not sure. What do you all think about adding a side console on a 1542? Any other advice.

15/42 is to narrow. Wider is better and more stable.The outboard jet website says 48" min.

Hold out for what you want . Everytime somebody comments on that boat, that little voice in your head will be saying "Yea , but it's not what I really wanted " . Wider is better execpt in Piggy-back races. [-X . Texas doesn't have small rivers and streams . Go big !

"Texas doesn't have small rivers and streams . Go big !"

^^Exactly what I was thinking. I am going to wait and find the 1648 I want. I have a 1436 to play around with for now anyways...thanks guys for the comments..

My 15 footer has a side console and it rides pretty well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391651926134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391651926134.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 407

Latest posts