New live sonar that doesn't reqired a FF

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of like the concept. They say it connects to the iPad or iPhone via wifi. There are not a lot of wifi signals in my primary fishing lake. I assume that when they say wifi it is the same as saying a bluetooth connection (this is clearly not an area of expertise for me).

There's no bigger source of frustration than a mobile app for me. I wouldn't touch it.

Ipads aren't exactly cheap either, when you factor in the utility of a graph (navigation, sonar, gauges), seems like you're making a pretty big compromise and likely not saving a whole lot. I doubt that piece of hardware is ever going to be less than $500.

I assume that when they say wifi it is the same as saying a bluetooth connection (this is clearly not an area of expertise for me).
It would be a direct wifi connection between the system and iPad (no internet connection).

I would assume, android capability would be coming soon.

Obvious to me, quality and price for a device like this is going be a huge deal.

A good innovation from China. Maybe US sonar suppliers will wake up and become more competitive. If the Humminbird product development team isn’t nervous, they should be.

As I type this note on an iPad I think it’s a great idea. It would be hard to send this note from a Helix 9 so I’m basically getting more versatility from the iPad. Plus I can check the weather or pull-up a high resolution lake map from the iPad.

I seriously hope that Accuphy rocks Humminbird and Garmin’s boat with pricing.

Last edited:
Just seen this on a video, a live sonar that consists of a transducer and connects to an IPad trough wifi.

Price is suppose to be good, but they haven't released the price yet.

https://www.accuphy.com/
Also made in CHINA, wonder what else they have attached to the app tp spy on us?

I have a good number of gizmos from China that require an app. Unfortunately many never get a much needed update to fix bugs or to just be compatible with newer iOS versions. I have an old iPad I don’t update for that reason. This new company would have to prove themselves before I would consider.

I have a good number of gizmos from China that require an app. Unfortunately many never get a much needed update to fix bugs or to just be compatible with newer iOS versions. I have an old iPad I don’t update for that reason. This new company would have to prove themselves before I would consider.
exactly!

A good innovation from China. Maybe US sonar suppliers will wake up and become more competitive. If the Humminbird product development team isn’t nervous, they should be.

As I type this note on an iPad I think it’s a great idea. It would be hard to send this note from a Helix 9 so I’m basically getting more versatility from the iPad. Plus I can check the weather or pull-up a high resolution lake map from the iPad.

I seriously hope that Accuphy rocks Humminbird and Garmin’s boat with pricing.

I bet HB's R&D team is working on a similar concept as we speak.

If I have an iPad with the App, I wonder if I could steal the signal from the other boats around me. :)

I bet HB's R&D team is working on a similar concept as we speak.

If I have an iPad with the App, I wonder if I could steal the signal from the other boats around me. :)
From my understanding, it is capable of mirroring the image to 2 different screens. As far as stilling the signal, it's probably only as secure as the wifi password.

China and Taiwan are not the same. Only Taiwan allows the US designers, engineers and inspectors come into their country to monitor production. China allows none, you get whatever they send you.