New member, about to dive in on our fist mod :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btk

Reaction score
Howdy folks. Found your forum thru esquired and his lovely trivia contest. Haven't been there in a while... Anyway, my boys decided they wanted to build a bass boat this winter, and we are about to acquire a 14' feathercraft, 9.9hp evinrude and trailer. Picked it up for 600 bucks. I think we got a pretty sweet deal. I took the camera with me when we went to look at it, but I got so involved with checkin out the boat, I completely forgot to take pictures! We're pickin up the "Muskrat" next weekend, so I'm sure I'll be posting plenty of pics and questions as we go along. I'm looking forward to spending the winter in the garage with my boys:)
Brent

:postpics:

lol.....figured I'd do it before someone else did :wink:

:WELCOME:
ST

Thanks fellas. I've been reading all the mods on here like a madman and getting lots of good ideas. I had never heard of feathercraft before I went to look at it. The guy told me he thought it was an '86 or so... Turns out feathercraft went out of business in '69... Kinda feel like I got a classic:) I almost feel bad about what we're gonna do to it...
Brent

Well, slight change of plans... While fishing Silver Lake on Sat, I ran into a guy at the ramp who was interested in my trolling motor. I told him I was selling it because it was too small for the boat I was getting, and the next thing you know, I'm buying his boat instead :mrgreen: It's a mid 70's 16' Mirrocraft with a 25hp evinrude and trailer for 600 bucks! It is a much better platform for what we want to do, and I don't have to lose any sleep over destroying a really nice old boat :) I'll be picking her up tomorrow, so pics will follow.