New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, my name is George and I live in Granbury, Texas. I will be 69 in a couple of weeks and am getting back into fishing after a very long time away. I just bought a little 12 foot aluminum semi-V and we have a couple of Kayaks also. I am mostly catch-and-release unless the fish is injured and will not survive. My Grandson Steve told me about this site and I am happy to be here and learn some things.

thanks,
George

Hi I am from southeast Georgia I have a 14 42 alumacraft with a Nissan 25 tiller. That's my new to me fishing boat. This is an awesome site with lots of great info and craftmanship. I also am looking to sell my old rig its a 14 36 fisher with a 81 evinrude 15 electric start with foot control trolling motor. Outboard runs great new water pump and fresh carb rebuild.

gfmun said:
Hello, my name is George and I live in Granbury, Texas. I will be 69 in a couple of weeks and am getting back into fishing after a very long time away. I just bought a little 12 foot aluminum semi-V and we have a couple of Kayaks also. I am mostly catch-and-release unless the fish is injured and will not survive. My Grandson Steve told me about this site and I am happy to be here and learn some things.

thanks,
George

I love this site tons of info!

Hello everyone. First I would like to say thanks for all the awesome information on this site, I have been surfing it for several weeks now and every question I have had I was able to find in a thread so far. I love all the ideas everyone has on here. I live in Jacksonville Florida, but was born and raised in east central FL. I am building this Jon to get up into the creeks to get some Red fish and Trout and also to grab some flounder in the flats. Trying to keep it simple, light weight and inexpensive. You can see my build thread at https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24757

The one thing I have done that seems unique is that I was able to powder coat my Jon, which I hope will last many years. I just ordered the HF boat trailer this week and expect it sometime next week, I will post pics of that build also.

Here is where I am at now in the build. Before pic first.

469170_2744566060251_1440496732_31870277_776952018_o.jpg

472854_2854464127634_1440496732_31914553_513462998_o.jpg

477818_2854465327664_1440496732_31914556_1705531212_o.jpg

Happy Easter to all you tin boat users.
They call me the Hoosier Vet
Been bassin for going on 55yrs. Have had all the glass boats i want. Now i'm a john boat man. Bought me a 14ft smoker craft that i converted to a bass boat. All capeted with a 9.5 johnrude motor.

Looking forward to chatting with other john boat users.

Will snap a few pics of my remodel here in a day or two.

Thanks for a great site.

Hoosier Vet

Greetings all from the Great Southwest of Michigan, the Allegan County "area" to be a tad bit specific. I go by Nimrod. Kind of a long story. Well not really I just can spin it out to last awhile. I can tell that story another time over a daddy pop. You will find I tend to ramble when I type too, not sure why. Guess I like to hear my keyboard.

Any who, I found this great site searching for ideas to modify the 14 ft Smokercraft I acquired a few years ago. Seems my 15 ft canoe is getting a little cramped with a family of 4 with 2 growing kids. My wife is Yooper girl (Thanksgiving at the in laws is GREAT when you spend it in a deer blind in the middle of Michigan's Upper Peninsula), my boy (7 yo) loves to be outdoors and my daughter (3 yo) has deemed herself the Fishing Princess. She is fitting the role very well, if I can say so as her dad. Wait I just did.

I've been checking you all out for a few days and must say you guys look good... [-X I am still looking thru all the builds and deciding how I want to put my (lack of) skills and (lack of) a budget to work. Not sure Red Green has enough duct tape to compensate for my lack of ability but who knows what I will get myself into. I am thinking just opening up the lay out and putting in a flat floor in the middle with some storage fore and aft. Oh and some sort of motor maybe helpful getting the beast moving in the water. She sits on a decent trailer and owns a set of oars. Seems her motor left her for what it thought to be a better craft. Crazy boy.

In the mean time I hope to read and learn from everyone and maybe interject some totally useless commentary into conversation as I go. Once I jump into the mess I will share with everyone my history with the vessel as well as my screw ups as it proceeds. Not only to teach others what not to do but to get help from you all so my boat doesn't turn into the Structure Saloon for the fish to hang out around.

Hope you all will have me. I will do my best to help the forum with whatever I can... which, be warned, is likely not much. By the way I tend to ramble. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Need to catch the rerun of River Monsters from last night.

Tight lines. 73s. Shoot straight.

Howdy from NW Georgia! Fixing (hopefully) to be a proud owner of a 16.5' Eldocraft with a 25hp Mariner equipped with two brand new trolling motors. Previous owner has already made a small mod on the front of the boat with a fishing deck. My only concerns are he stats that the motor was running over a year ago but now it won't due to a gummed up carb. What can I do to protect myself from getting burnt if the motor is indeed dead. Compression test? My only other alternative is to take someone with me more familiar with outboard motors.

Steve Sharp Dalton, Ga.

By the way....I am located right in the middle of a bunch of great fishing spots. Carter's Lake 20min, Lake Weiss 45min, Lake Marvin 20min(trolling motors only), Lake Chickamauga 30min, two rivers the Coosawattee and the Conasauga Rivers. Great for flat bottom boat fishing.

Hello to all our new members. Great having you on board TinBoats. Don't forget that we love pictures of your tins, your fish, and anything else you'd like to share with us.

Greetings from upstate NY everyone! Not sure why it took me so long to find this great site, but glad I did.. I've loved tin boats my whole life.. even sold them for a while.. I started out with a skinny 12' Jon , but I outgrew it before I got it :roll: I sold it after salvaging the sunken hull, and moved up to a 12' v-hull Grumman Fisherman..then came my first true love.. an 18' Grumman Superfisherman, with a 120hp mercruiser I/O.. from which I wreaked havoc on fishes from Canada to the Carolinas for over 15 years.. I currently have a 2001 18' Voyager Jon w/ 40hp 'Rude , and also a 70's era Ouchita 14' V-hull that I throw in the back of the pickup to hit the smaller waters.. I look forward to learning and sharing with my tin boat brethren!