New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all. Posted a few threads earlier regarding my (new to me) Mercury motor and some jon boat questions. I have a 1436 Alumacraft with a Mercury 9.9 four-stroke. Located in NE FL. Been browsing the site for awhile, tons of good info and mods to do! :D

ugIWylo.png

Q9eKPnh.png

CVIdm2V.png

jedwT2t.png

ggoldy said:
Welcome CapDya,
the Merc is obvious, but what's the boat wearing in the other two pictures?

It was a custom mud motor with a 16hp Duromax. Hated that thing, so glad to have gotten rid of it. I hardly used it for what it was made for. Just a pain in the *** to use regularly compared to an outboard.

TheHunt said:
Hello, I am Jim and I have a 14 foot jon that I am going to sell and pickup a 17 -18 foot that is 60 inches wide.

I did find a 20 foot boat has been in a field for the last 10 yeas.

I live in Washington State and I plan on using this boat in rivers for fishing.
Hi Jim
What's the condition of that 20 footer?

My name is Terry Winders. I live in Lebanon Ohio, about 30 miles north of Cincy. Been on the forum for a few months. This is my first post.
I picked up a 88 Sylvan 14' Sea Snapper mid Dec. I plan on using boat for fishing and waterfowl hunting. I have a 14 year old son and we plan on working and modifying this boat together. I have enjoyed looking at all the modification's that everyone has done to their boats. I plan on using some of your ideas. If the weather gets nice we plan on starting on modifications. I plan on posting pictures once we get started.

Hello my name is Tom/parker23 I am from Longneck, Delaware I fish out of Indian River Inlet I fish off shore at places like site 9 , site10 site 11 and the old grounds I have a 2008 23FT Parker sport cabin with 250 yam 4 stork In May it will be 1 year that I retired I was a mechanic worked on tractor trailer and drove when needed. Fishing last summer was the best year for flounder that I have had in a long time. Well I think I have said to much hope to learn a lot of new fishing tip and thing and just maybe I would be able to help someone out. Talk to u all soon Tom/parker23

Another noob here. I'm from central PA and do most of my boating on the Susquehanna River & upper Chesapeake Bay but over the years have dragged my tin boats to many other states & Canada in the name of chasing ducks and fish. Current ride is a G3 1966 CC with 115/80 Yammy 4 stroke jet. It's currently in my garage for the latest modification project. I may enjoy projects to tweak my boat as much as I do using it. Looking forward to all the useful info on here and well as providing any when I can.

Bob

Hey folks. I'm from down south, Austell,Ga. To be exact. It's about 25 miles west of Atlanta. I've had my share of fiberglass bass boats and really tired of trying to "hoss" them around and fix them up. I just purchased my first "tinny", a 80' model fisher marine. I really enjoy this site and already have learned a great deal about aluminun boat builds. There are some sharp minds on this site. Looking forward to continuing to be well informed. Here's a pic of fisher marine.

Attachments

• IMG_0376-2.JPG
    IMG_0376-2.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 1,145
Welcome aboard duckfish and samtech. I'm sure you will love it here.
Samtech, you're not all that far from me. I'm in Carrollton, actually about half way between Carrollton and Bremen just a little to your west. It's nice to have a somewhat local here..

Hey everyone, my name is Rob, from Massachusetts. I found this board via the internet, as I am looking at buying a an aluminum boat with the hopes of doing some striper/bluefishing up here.

Hello everybody, this is a great site.
I am shopping for a 14' boat to take fresh and slat in all the shallow places around Houston and this is a good place to learn.

jrl5678 said:
Hello everybody, this is a great site.
I am shopping for a 14' boat to take fresh and slat in all the shallow places around Houston and this is a good place to learn.

Absolutely...a GREAT place to learn. You'll make new friends too!

Welcome to the family jrl5678.

Latest posts