New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, live in southern Louisiana, fish fresh and saltwater. Found you a short while back when researching mods for an aluminum Gregor 15' v-hull w/ 25hp Tohatsu I picked up. I really admire the ingenuity I've seen on your posts, and I believe I can save time and money with what I've learned here. (less welding = more fishing!)
Got a spoolgun and some aluminum angle laying around, and I'm dying to start, but finishing the registration first. Previous owner is temporarily out of the country, so all I can do for the next couple weeks is take measurements and read your posts....
great site!
Ben

BTW, I don't have pics of the boat ready yet, so I'll try posting one from work. Haven't done this before, so let's see if this works.
gooddayatHplatform_zps9c008b86.jpg

Ben

Jeremy from Duncannon, PA(just north of Harrisburg). Just purchased my first boat, a 1982 1760 Polar Kraft with a 35 hp prop(same year's model) that's soon to be swapped out for a 90/65 jet. I live about 2 miles away from where the Susquehanna River is joined by the Juniata River. A friend got me into boating over 10 years ago and we go fishing 5-6 times a month but thats surely to change with my new purchase.

Welcome Jeremy to TinBoats.....we're happy to have you on board. Post pics of those boats.....we love pics. Good luck on getting that jet. I'm a jet guy too.

New to me boat. Only had it out once but everything performed better than expected. I had to move the winch up the rail on the trailer 8 inches to make the trailer more stable but other than that, I'm very happy.

67100_10151159099155999_846934472_n.jpg

Hello from West Georgia! I'm a Christian, Husband, Dad and veteran School Teacher and am both poor and cheap, mostly by choice. I've been lurking here for a long time, daydreaming of things to do to my old 14' Starcraft V and getting some outstanding ideas. You guys remind me of how America should be - a tight group of genius folks proud of their craftsmanship and willing to share ideas for the betterment of the community. Very awesome.

My heritage has a lot of tin boats in it, and I am proud to carry on the tradition. Another family tradition is making do with what you have and being satisfied with it, so you'll be seeing some of my inherited ingenuity as I make a few comforting modifications to my boat, Old School. I am a keep it simple kind of guy, and Old School will reflect that ideal.

I picked up Old School from my Uncle, who in his trading had this boat, motor, trolling motor and trailer kinda left over. The old Johnson was locked up. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and then I talked him down some more. I brought it all home and within an within a few days had that old Johnson purring like a kitten. Since then, it's been cleanup time for everything with a bit of refitting to boot.

My name is Zach. I live in Washington state. Well I just purchaced a lowe roughneck 1756 with a 60/40 merc tiller operated. I purchaced this boat to fish on the rivers close to me the Lewis and the Cowlitz the water is shallow and has some decent current in spots. I have taken it out a few times and I am thinking I would feel more comfortable with a forward console in this boat. My fuel tank and battery is in the back so its a got no wieght in the front to keep it down. I'm hoping that problem getting on plane that I'm having will be resolved by the console idea what do you guys think?

My boat
BOAT4.jpg

The Lowe I seen on the net that gave me the idea
jet-sled.jpg

Welcome to TinBoats Zach....

We're happy to have you as part of our TinBoat family.

As for an answer to your weight issue.....try putting big bricks or sand bags in the front first to see if it helps any before you start the mod.

Hey guys wats up im Jason i live in Alvin, TEXAS . I grew up fresh water fishin bass crappie and cats. Bout 10 years ago i really start fishin saltwater more and now as a guy i know has put it and branded it i have a SALTWATER SOUL thats pretty much all i fish now with a lil bassin here and there ! ! I heard about this site from a guy on another forum im on FWE. I have a 1989 18ft alweld semi v that ive been workin on slowly but sure just dont know alot about boat. Well anyways lookin for to this site. Here is some pics of my beast.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351130757516.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351130757516.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 844
Hey FISHINFREAK....Welcome to TinBoats! We're happy to have you on board. Nice looking tin there. You'll find lots of ideas to use for it's mod when you are ready. Just don't forget to take before, during and after pics to share with us. :wink:

My name is Nate and I live in London Ontario. I fish mainly for Smallies and largemouth but enjoy catching anything. I have a 14' V with a 20 hp Merc tiller that I am going to start tearing into soon. My friend with a modded 15' jonnie put me on to this site for ideas for my boat. I have to say, I have seen a lot of great stuff so far and look forward to more as I dig deeper into this forum.

Hi Everyone
I've been looking on this site for a while, and that's how I found out how to fix the Jon that I have. "Thanks everyone"
I've had a few boats, (all glass)but this is the one I like the most. Small, easy to take care of and goes in some skinny water too.
Just think my nephew was going to scrap it. It's not in perfect shape, few dings, paint is dull and has a trickle leak (every couple hours about a gallon)but what a carefree boat. A lot less to maintain than on the glass boats I've had. It came with a 6 hp evinrude too, had to clean the carb, and the points but runs like a top now.
I'm getting a lot of ideas on what mods I want to do, going to redo the trailer this winter.
Thanks again everyone

I am new to Tin Boats Southport NC this is a great site and I plan on posting some pics of my rig as soon as I figure it out,,,,