New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone!
I'm from SE Wisconsin (near Millwaukee). I've been fishing the northern part of the state all my life, and just started to explore the southern part more. Just bought my first boat, but thanks to my grandpa i'm no stranger to being out on the water. I love duck and goose hunting! and I'm hoping to get to some new spots with my jon boat. I'm a young tool and die maker by trade, which can be helpful on projects. Hope to have lots of good pics for you guys and look forward to seeing what you all have to share. Thanks for making an awesome site!

Jack

Hey better late than never. My name is Brad, "Forum" handle is (17ft'r).

I live and play in Bend, Oregon, it has not always been that way, however I came here often enough to know that when I retired I would park my boat up here, so I did.

By all definitions I am a "shade tree mechanic". I have more questions than I have tools, but I always seem to get it done.

I have asked several questions in "tinboats" and I have to say (thanks) for all the answers and insight.

I have a 14ft "Mirro Craft" powered by a 18hp (that is when I get it running).

I look forward to being able to answer questions as you all have been so great to answer mine.

See ya out and about in the Forum!

17ft'r

Hello to all.
I've been glued to this site for the past few days. I was looking for some info on repairing my trolling motor and found so much
more. I'm a die hard bass fisherman,sometimes spending up to 14 hrs on the water. I fish from a Tracker Sportsman 15.
that I've rebuilt the decks on a few times already and I'm gearing up for another rebuild. I'll try to post pics if I can figure it out.
Tight Lines.

Hey guys! Im Andrew, I'm 23 and from Nothern Minnesota I own a 1448 alumacraft jon that I plan to mod a little bit. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Angus said:
Hey guys! Im Andrew, I'm 23 and from Nothern Minnesota I own a 1448 alumacraft jon that I plan to mod a little bit. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

Good to have you here Andrew. Ask anything you want. We have lots of answers. Don't forget to take before and after pics to share with us.....we love pics. :mrgreen:

hey all,
I just joined the sight yesterday. I have had a old 16ft richline in need of repairs for about a year now. I have been scanning the internet for the past year and found this sight was jammed packed with info. I am 30 and this is my first boat, I named it the old floater. :wink: :wink: I bought it from a lady here in town. Her husband had got it and had big plans for the boat. But he became critically ill and passed away last winter from cancer and never even got to get the boat on the lake. So I am going to restore this boat and make both our dreams come true. Thanks for this awesome site and all the information.

Hello all name's Nick from S. Louisiana. Seems like yall have an awesome site. I have more or less a duck boat in winter and a bayou fisher in summer. 1436 with 8hp longtail go-devil for winter and just a trolling motor for summer but prolly about to get a 9.9 or so. Oh and an 8' too

Attachments

• rrr.JPG
    rrr.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 824
  • snat.JPG
    snat.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 824
:D ok so I like forums this where a idiot like me learns from all of you that know it all and build a awesome product. I am twenty nine year old male from Missouri well alright I will admit I turn thirty in acouple weeks. I have buetiful wife and two goregous little girls that love to fish. My oldest which is ten shot her first deer this year and my youngest (5) cant wait till the pond freezes up enough we can ice fish! So I stumbled upon your forums researching ways to repair a keel. I inherited a 58 rich (I'm guessing richline but that's what the title says) from my grandpa that growing up him and I spent a ton of time in. I just wanted to fix the keel but now after seeing what you guys do I am getting some ideas. But first I think a full sand blasting and some welding is due. See Poppy used to tell me stories of jumping logs and such and the keel is pretty bad. Long story short its on the back burner at the moment but you guys have me pumped. =D>

Welcome to TinBoats sdm111 and kjames....

You're gonna love it here. This is the best bunch of guys/gals around.

kjames....what part of Missouri are you from? If you're close enough, maybe we can hook up sometime???