New project 1979 Bass Tracker II

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just_fishing

Reaction score
Traded a motorcycle off for this the other day. I'm getting ready to go through and rewire everything because the previous owner wasn't what you might call the best electrician. He relocated the batteries to the live well under the driver's seat and didn't plug the water intake; he also sliced the holy living crap out of the wiring. Other than that it seems really solid, no soft spots in the floors, motor cranks, and the cables move smoothly.

Well ended up pulling the floor to replace the foam an it turned out for the best because the PO had put in an unsealed floor and carpeted it. At least it lets me rewire everything and customize the floor layout.

Well got the floor pulled, there had to be 150lbs of wet foam under there. I went ahead and pulled the old wiring harness and built a new one because the old one looked like Edward Scissorhands put it in and worked on it over the years. Going to wash out the boat in the next couple of days and install new foam and decking.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=336317#p336317 said:
just_fishing » Yesterday, 14:45[/url]"]It's turned out pretty good so far, everything thing is structurally sound, and the transom seems good.

very cool,

Take your time and do it the way you want it........................ =D>

update: got the new foam in and new wiring ran to the Nav lights, bilge, and baitwell. Now I just riveting everything back up so I can begin working on the actual floor and carpet.

Latest posts