New Shimano Symetre on the way for me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
esquired said:
Derek777 said:
DAIWA!!!!!! :twisted:

No the Symetre is made by Shimano not Diawa.

I looked at a few Diawa but I was once again disappointed by the quality for the price.

i admit to owning a shimano finally after all these years, a shimano conquest 400, but for all other applications, id choose daiwa.
you like cadillac eldorados, i like ferrari f50s. its all down to preference.
the reasons i choose diawa baitcasters and spinning reels over shimano every time are:
daiwa is lighter weight
more bearings/smoother
smoother drag
better ergonomics
better styling
just feels better in my hand.

however, for round reels, id choose shimano conquests, epsecially the dcs for the 100 & 200 series.

Derek777 said:
i admit to owning a shimano finally after all these years, a shimano conquest 400, but for all other applications, id choose daiwa.
you like cadillac eldorados, i like ferrari f50s. its all down to preference.
the reasons i choose diawa baitcasters and spinning reels over shimano every time are:
daiwa is lighter weight
more bearings/smoother
smoother drag
better ergonomics
better styling
just feels better in my hand.

however, for round reels, id choose shimano conquests, epsecially the dcs for the 100 & 200 series.

Nah I like catching "real" fish, not the imaginary type :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shamoo is my new hero!!! He just mailed me an older spirex and a huddleston swimbait, he wouldnt even take a trade or anything. I cant wait to get them, hopefully ill get them in time for the weekend. Thanks again Shamoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the 'moo - what a stand up guy he is. Glad you are on this site with us Mr. Shamoo.

Now, before you send Bass Add. anything, write "No Dinks" on it to give him the idea :D

I upgraded my Symetre 2500 with the handle from the Shimano Stradic 2500 Magnesium. Looks sweet and is alot more comfortable, I use it for Salmon and Steelhead in the rivers on a 9 foot Berkley Series 1 Salmon/Steelhead rod.

What a nice thing to do shamoo, I guess your also getting tired of all his dinks, bass make sure you lube your huddleston.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund said:
I will post pics of the handle soon.

Here it is.

200803071436420002ca5.jpg

200803071437400001vh0.jpg

Is that the stock handle or the upgrade? Maybe it is just me, but the handle looks the same as that on the 2008 Symetre?

SSYSR.JPG