New to tying jigs!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTYuanBn.jpg

In this picture you can see me vise. On the vise stand is flex seal which I use to help "bond" the initial thread onto the jig head. Nex to it is zap-a-gap ca+. It is used for the final glue for the threads after the jig is complete as well as glueing in the weed guards. I have a pick which is used for separating the skirts, spreading glue and the such. Below that is a good pair of scissors to cut the tabs off of the skirts. A different pair is used to cut weed guards. Under that is the whip finisher. It is the most difficult tool to use, but is used to tie off the jig making the knots. YouTube is the best way to figure out how to use it.

The next row is a tab of skirts, pipe cleaners used to help me keep things separated. Under that is a bobbin used to hold the thread. I recommend getting a ceramic tipped bobbin to not fray the thread at all. I used big fly thread on it and look real close and under it you can see the bobbin threaded used to get the thread through the bobbin. There is a bad glare on the threader. Sorry.

All of these tools can be had for less than $100 to get you started.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTcuanBn.jpg
O

This is an example of the tabs of skirt material.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Like I said I am still pretty new at this but have a great teacher and that is the key to my ability so far. Lol

Jeff

I get all of my skirt material from fishingskirts.com the cheapest and best selection around!

Jeff

Jim said:
00 mod said:
I will post his website only if admin allows.......

Jeff

Sure, no worries here.

https://boneheadcustomjigs.com/

Scan through his slide shows of jigs and you will see what I mean!

His website is not the best, but he can tie anything you want! he is REAL good with hair jigs, and does only custom orders! He will do you right! Tell him Jeff (00 mod) sent ya!

Looks good! Ive wanted to start tying so I think Im gonna try to get into it soon. I like your hog hat! Woooo Pig Soooie!