New type of trolling motor??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgt tee

Reaction score
I have been away from the boating for awhile, I remember I used to have a bow mounted Minnkota motor with a curl black wire and then a small dias. wire going to a foot switch. Now all I see are these huge cables coming off and going to a huge foot controller. I want something like I had, small foot pad and no big thick cable, What is the reason for this, and can someone give me a name of the type motor I am after, it does not have to be a minnkota. I just don't want that thick cable going to my foot controller, Thanks for listening..................Pete

This is the type of motor I had on my other boat and what I am used to, not saying I am buying this one but after this style
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minn-Kota-1358704-Powerdrive-V2-Bow-Mount-45LB-Thrust-48-Shaft-Trolling-Motor-/350750358959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51aa59bdaf

the thick cable is because inside is power cables and steering cables. the minnkota you posted is electric steer

OK Thanks for the help. Thats what I want to go with electric steer, I appreciate the communication from you