newb with a new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modern outlaw

Reaction score
HI everyone ....The other day i went to my parents and i saw a 10fy jon with a paper on it at my neighbor's house....to my surprise it said FREE so now im pretty stoked ....its already been modded with a deck at floor level and a removed middle bench....I filled it up with water to check for leaks and not to bad some minor ones but nothing some jb weld cant fix....but this thing needs some work

i was looking at the bass pro prowler 36 trolling motor for 100 but im not sure if it will have enough power seeing how its a 10 footer and i know its not going to be that stable im trying to keep this build on a budget......seeing how on craigslist you can get a 14-16 footer with trailer and outbboard for a grand...ive put a budget of 500 total for motor battery and seats..Any input would be great im only going to use it for small lakes around my house here in southern cal
so what should i get on a budget
Battery?
motor?
charger?
39012_423688422957_527987957_4611786_3567173_n.jpg

It's a plate that says what HP is recommended and what the maximum carrying capacity (people, motor, fuel, gear). Usually found on a tin like that on the transom.

Yeah nice call on the boat looks to be in good shape as well. I would think for ponds and such that the 35lb Troller will work pretty good.

Nevillizer said:
It's a plate that says what HP is recommended and what the maximum carrying capacity (people, motor, fuel, gear). Usually found on a tin like that on the transom.

no just a hull id number

nice find.

just about any size trolling motor will work great on that boat.
I use a MinnKota Endura 30 for my 14' and dont have any problems getting around.

If it has old numbers on it you can have them trace.

If you got a bill of sale that would be a place to start, get the HIN number off the transom and call the DNR. You may need a ranger to come out and inspect it. etc. Its not to bad there are some threads around here that have dealt with it.

Ill see if i can find them..