No Reverse after water pump change

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleydoc

Reaction score
Ok so I put in a new water pump u
In Impeller. On my 1984 60hp 3 Cly mercury and now it will only go forward in both forward and reverse so can someone help me sort this out before it gets to crazy... Thanks for you help

ok Harley listen up-
you had the controls --in gear or out of gear-- you had the lower end [foot] out of gear or in gear-- the two parts were out of time to eachother--

drop your foot - put controls in nuteral-- move shifter rod on foot into neutral-- now bolt the two back togeather --

you ride ??-- first bike a 1947 knuckel head - side shift--

Yes I build and ride and duck hunt some got to get my boat back on the water now just have to find time maybe Friday I can get it done

did you understand how to get your lower unit in time with the controls ??- if you need help - ill shoot you my cell number and walk ya thru it --

Yes I think I have it will mess with this week sometime. If I need some help will shoot you a pm

Rich27028 said:
was this ever resolved??- back fishing ??

Yeah she good to go put her in N dropped the lower unit then put it in fwd the put the lower unit back on and now she is good to go she runs good now just In time to sell her. I am getting transferred and already have to much stuff to tow out west so I am going to sell her. So if anyone is looking for a nice deal on a boat let me know.

Will

Latest posts