OK, I have HAD IT.... LINE TWIST!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things that will cause this.

The reel, line, lure used, lb test used, how you close the bail, how the line is put on and I'm sure others.

I always lay the spool down on the floor, and spool off with the spool facing up down.....After a short distance open the bail, and manually pull some line off. If it give me issues then, I'll flip the filler spool and go the other way.

ALWAYS manually close the bail. This is the single best thing you can do to prevent twist. And, it will make your bail last longer.

Flourocarbon will give you more problems. No doubt about that. But, with your lures, and LB test used you should be OK. I've used plenty of 10lb 100% Flouro, with light lures.

Line-again the type matters. Generally mono will give less issues than flouro, or even co-poly.
Also, LB test makes a difference. The lower the LB test, the better your resistance to line management issues.

Some lure will induce twist....I always use a Micro swivel when drop shotting for example. Other things, I tend to get away with not using a swivel.

The reel can, and will make a BIG difference in how they manage line. I've used two different brands of reels, on the same day, same line, same filler spool, and have all kinds of issues with one reel, and NONE with the other.

If all else fails you, you have one of those reels that just plain stink.