On-board NQD Jetboat cam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForkliftJeff

Reaction score
Just got back from a week long camping trip and it was pretty sweet. It was crazy windy on the lake for most of the week which meant no jetboat action. It seemed everytime the water was calm and I got the boat ready the wind picked up and brought the big waves. Then finally the day before we left it was nice enough for the boat. I blasted through a full pack and loved every minute.
IMG_0843.jpg

Then I was up on shore changing my battery and my wife says, "Why don't you put the waterproof camera on it for a ride? Just make sure you don't lose it." Before she had a chance to say anything else I was on it.
IMG_0846.jpg

First I had to make sure I wouldn't lose the camera. Bring on the beer cozy. It floats perfectly.
IMG_0845.jpg

A couple zap straps here,
IMG_0847.jpg

some double sided tape there,
IMG_0848.jpg

a bit of weight to keep it balanced
IMG_0849.jpg

and voila! Ready for the test run.

Sorry no more pics after that. But I do have some vids uplaoding.
I'm gonna have to make a deck to mount the cam to so I can just put it on instead of the drivers. There big heads get in the way a little bit on the vids.

Ok here's the first vid with the camera mounted. I think it turned out pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgVnLPcALj0

This is the same run as the first vid but from the shore cam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbXY-JiN_g

Ok, here's the last vid. I was hoping for a more stable view of everything this time. Hope you like em. Can't wait to go find some water and make some more vids. I think I'll start on the camera platform tomorrow so we can see by those guys fat heads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4cVlEOfJgA

Camera deck is almost complete. Last night I put the bolt in the deck and put the camera on only to find out that Fuji put the mounting threads in crooked on this camera. So I took it back out and put double sided tape under one side on each flat washer and put it together so it would hold the bolt crooked. Almost but not quite. Then it was too tired and off to bed. So this morning I took it apart and put 2 pieces of tape on each washer. Perfect. Then I stuck a piece of foam tape on the deck under the camera to hold it from wanting to twist sideways.
IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

I'm gonna have to make a minor adjustment to the camera though, can't quite get the CC decal in the shot.
IMG_0938.jpg

Coming to a body of water near you!
IMG_0933.jpg

Now I just need to get the floaty things for the camera and then balance it out in the water with some stick on weights.

I looked at your other thread quickly and I thought the jet boat was real! I said to myself that these guys are crazy for driving that boat through those shallows...... #-o
:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Latest posts