Opinions pls - Mirrocraft 14'2'' F3654 w/Livewell

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pemnuts

Reaction score
I am looking at this boat and no trailer or motor, new but with minor scratches here and there for about 1700 dollars. Current seller marked it down from a tad over 2 grand to 1800, and will take off additional 100 for the minor scratches.
Anyone here have opinions on this size / model ??
Would it be better to save 300 and buy the 3 bench (plain ) model and save money?
Or perhaps, consider buying a used 1977? 16 foot boat with a 15hp evinrude and trailer for 700 or so?

The new boat has a small livewell, a flat floor, and a walkthru feature, also storage up front, and a storage box of sorts as seen in the pictures.
New specs; 64 beam 30 inch depth 13 ribs, 25hp capacity, 290 pounds weight, 4 person capacity and 15'' transom 0.063 aluminum hull.

Attachments

• boat 003.JPG
    boat 003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,491
  • boat 004.JPG
    boat 004.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,491
  • boat 006.JPG
    boat 006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,491
I like it too, what does the 16' with the motor look like? I guess it all depends how much work you want to do......if your handy I would recommend the used boat and fix it like you want it. The one above sure is nice though.......good luck.

I really like the boat and would be happy to spend your money on it. The walk-thru' configuration is much better than plain benches imho. If it is within your budget, get it before someone else does, and never look back. You can always use your creative skills to finish it out just like you want. Good luck!

You can do a LOT of stuff to the 16' with the thousand (plus trailer expense) dollar difference. And those extra two feet will be greatly appreciated, many times.

Your choice.

Be safe.
:)

I would definately take this boat over the 3 bench model. If you buy the 3 bench model, down the rd you will be trying to figure out how to modify it to make it more fish friendly. (putting in a flat deck, pestal seats, live well etc) if you can afford it, get it. I'm in the same boat you are (pardon the pun) and that's exactly what I'm doing minus the livewell.

When i first saw this boat, i thought to my self, "Look Ma! No Ribs !" this boat is 16 feet long, and has only one internal rib inside of it. I even tried looking the hull id up online, and i believe it is a 1976 year crestliner. 16 feet long, 56 inches wide.
I have not seen the motor yet, so i do not know anything about it for now.
hull id is crl61279m76d
It is kinda ugly, but that is what you get sometimes..
Your thoughts?

Attachments

• Calvin boat 011.JPG
    Calvin boat 011.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,334
  • Calvin boat 013.JPG
    Calvin boat 013.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,334
  • Calvin boat 012.JPG
    Calvin boat 012.JPG
    983 KB · Views: 1,334
  • Calvin boat 010.JPG
    Calvin boat 010.JPG
    933.7 KB · Views: 1,334
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    399.7 KB · Views: 1,334
My only advice is this ..... if you are on a tight budget, skimp on the boat, not the motor. A good dependable motor is worth its weight in gold. Even an old beat up leaky boat will do ok with a good motor on it.

That boat looks like it's got a lot of mod potential. It also looks like it's got a false bottom in it that's hiding some ribs. I don't see any other reason to have all those rivets in the floor unless they're holding the false floor to the ribs or other support structure under it.

JMichael said:
That boat looks like it's got a lot of mod potential. It also looks like it's got a false bottom in it that's hiding some ribs. I don't see any other reason to have all those rivets in the floor unless they're holding the false floor to the ribs or other support structure under it.
X2
LOTS of Potential!

Did I mention there is only one rib located in the bow?
This boat has support underneath, keel side, same direction as the keel, 2 on
Each side of the keel running nearly the length of the boat - but only the one rib inside the boat
Should I be concerned with this?

My concern is how long would it take you to bring it down toTexas? I think I have an empty spot for it.

So, did you buy the Mirrocraft 3654, Pemnuts? That's the one that I would have voted for.

I also live in Rochester and just layed-away a 2004 Mirrocraft 3654 with a 2002 15hp 4-stroke Yamaha; so, if you bought the boat, I wondered how you like it and where you use it.

Sam

Did this Mirrocraft come from the factory with this split seat configuration?