Paint 1996 Bass Tracker or leave bare aluminum finish?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harve131

Reaction score
I need some advice I am at the stage where I have to decide if I want to paint or leave bare aluminum. I really like the gloss black paint on the new bass trackers with the sides and the transom painted. Should I try to paint the boat or leave it bare aluminum. The decal is pretty worn and I think it might look good painted. Here is a picture before I tore it down.

Also if anyone has experience painting aluminum boats and wants to give me a few tips that would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_3462.png
    IMG_3462.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 0
Having had both painted and unpainted hulls, my vote would be for the painted. Much easier to keep clean and you won't see the natural oxidizing that aluminum does naturally. I have had good success with rust o leum exterior enamel after proper preparation and priming. There are some that prefer to polish the bare aluminum, but to much work in my opinion. Above everything else, you could create an awesome paint scheme that would look awesome !!

Having had both painted and unpainted hulls, my vote would be for the painted. Much easier to keep clean and you won't see the natural oxidizing that aluminum does naturally. I have had good success with rust o leum exterior enamel after proper preparation and priming. There are some that prefer to polish the bare aluminum, but to much work in my opinion. Above everything else, you could create an awesome paint scheme that would look awesome !!
Okay that's what I like to hear. I just want to paint the sides like the new bass trackers have. I also would not mind buying a roll of 3m wrap and doing my own wrap. I have seen good things about that as well.