picked up a 1995 1648 Fisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegr8cody

Reaction score
Picked this boat up for $1300 with a,matching trailer. It had a merc 40 on it which the PO kept. Which was fine cause I have a perfect running 86 Johnson 25hp. Its not gonna set any speed records but its reliable and thats worth it to me. It came with a foot operated trolling motor which sucked so I spun the head around on my transom mount mk and irigged it to fit on the footvoperated bracked by slicing a piece of pvc pipe over Tue shaft to ensure a snug fit and it works like a charm. Also cut the transom from 20" down to 17" to fit my Shorty.I took it out and it planed the boat out but the motor sat too low so I raised it 1/2" and am yet to take it out to see if that fixed it. I also started recarpeting the decks.
20120404_135900.jpg

20120404_135939.jpg

20120404_135951.jpg

20120404_140003.jpg

Very nice rig, looks deep =D> =D> =D>

If you have some close ups of how you squeezed the transom TM into the bracket, I'd be interested.

Its not to deep. It had a console I ripped out its like a bass setup.if u look at the picture of the trolling motor it was just a bolt that went through a piece of metal that was like a hinge.the top shaft of the foot operated trolling motor was bigger than the bottom part. So if you removed the bolt and open up the hinge the trolling motor just falls right out. Ill try to get some pics in a second

20120404_150754-1.jpg

The middle bolt was originally the bolt holding the trolling motor in. all I did was cut a piece of pvc pipe about 5" long which wad about the length of the hinge. Then I cut a slit down the middle of the pvc pipe on one side and slid it over the trolling motor and tucked one side under the other sp it would sandwich tight against the shaft then I ran two new self tapping screws through the hinge and that how I control how hard it is to turn the trolling motor. If it gets loose or starts to wear and I can just snug up the bolts amd its back tight again. Only problem is the head isconly like 10" above the boat so its pretty low but I can just put it on one and bump it with my foot to turn it lol

Well took the boat out and the GPS said 26mph. Still gotta raise the motor about 1/4" -1/2" as its spraying a little bit.also noticed two cracks under the front deck. Gotta figure out what to do about those.buy all in all im very pleased with the speed of the boat.

Yes I do, and given the fact im only about 5'8" its sucks. But its actually pretty comfortable sitting Indian style on the back deck and driving.im working on a till extension but I dont plan keeping it a tiller. Im gonna go back to console eventually