Pre 1970 unknown mfg 1433, after nearly 18 yrs boatless

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makemeknowit

Reaction score
Great site, glad I found it!!

As the tiltle says, I've been boatless for a long time. The last (and my first) boat was a Silverstar 1436...forget the year, think it was '70 something. I don't have any pics but it was rather nice if I do say so myself. At the time I worked at a steel manufacturing company. Access to a vast array of steel from structural to flat and anything in between allowed me to make the front deck out of one piece of 5/16 aluminum plate. It was attatched using 2" aluminum angle. No center bracing was needed as the 5/16 was plenty stout. No rear deck, just a swivel seat and the center bench was removed. Was still using my 17lb thrust minn cota (from my boat renting days), mounted up front and had a 20hp Johnson out back, had a fishfinder, forget the make/model though, no livewell as I was strictly catch and release and fished exclusively for bass.

Enough of memory lane and on to the present. Traded an SW9VE for the following. The previous owner said this was his grandfathers. It had been sitting behind his house under a tree for 2 years as he had since moved up to a Basstracker III. It was covered in tree sap. He was unsure of the exact age but had it registered as a 1965 model in his state, specifics weren't required due to its age:

Didn't take any pics before stripping the outside
P6270213.jpg

P6270215.jpg

P6270218.jpg

P6270217.jpg

Checking for leaks. You can see the rear seat has been moved forward quite a bit. I removed it completely today. It wasn't riveted to the floor, only the four nuts/bolts at the top in the pic.

P6270214.jpg

P6270219.jpg

P6270216.jpg

The boat came with one seat that slides back and forth on those tracks.

P6270223.jpg

P6270219.jpg

Storage made out of front seat

P6270221.jpg

Results of the leak test

P6270225.jpg

Old repair leaking slightly

P6270226.jpg

P6270228.jpg

After a couple of hours with water in it

P6270231.jpg

P6270232.jpg

Now I'll go work on the trailer pics

It's very homemade

P6270234.jpg

P6270237.jpg

The fenders aren't attatched as we just picked them up. It had none. The uprights are leaning badly due to poor attatching. I'll remedy that, got new lights already.

P6270236.jpg

P6270238.jpg

P6270239.jpg

Yanked the runners and uprights and got it mostly stripped today. I counted at least 5 layers of paint, black, red, white, green and black again.

All in all it seems like a fair little boat. Not going to go crazy on it, just freshen it up and make it a little more accommodating for a day on the water for the wife and myself. It'll be electric only for a while and will get no more than a 9.9 when an outboard is added but that will be a while just like the progress on this build. It's going to be a slow ride. I'll be glad if it sees the water this fall.

So many awesome builds here from which to glean ideas that's for sure.

Lots of potential there.

"Homemade" describes that trailer well... :wink:

I don't know the manufacturer, but I like the look of those double spray rails; very cool.

Latest posts