project from downunder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay72

Reaction score
Hi guys, great site, this is my first post here,I,m from brisbane Australia & love fishing & boating & kayak fishing, here are some pic,s of my boat (we call them tinnies) I got about a year ago, its a Quintrex 390 explorer with a 25hp merc, its classed as a v nose punt ( flat bottom ) & is very stable, when I brought it, it was a very basic set up , just 2 bench seats, first project was the floor, which I framed up with Ali box section & welded in, & then marine plywood with carpet glued on
P1010394(1).JPG
P1010395(1).JPG
I aslo made a little console to fit the sounder & swtich panel to
P1010398(1).JPG
It the moment I,m working on a front casting deck, with built in cooler (esky) which I,ve built into the front beach seat, these bench seats have a solid block of polystyrene in them ,so leaving 2 inchs on the sides & bottom & linning with aliuminium works great as a cooler, in front of that is a plumbed live tank & Ive also made my own anchor well, next step is to fit plywood & carpet,, cheers..Jayson....
Picture 122.jpg
Picture 120.jpg
Picture 123.jpg

Fascinating, how much we're different and yet so much alike. =D> Very sharp looking boat and tow vehicle. Very neatly laid out boat and exceptionally clean in respect to the functionality, and craftsmanship.

I always pictured a tin boat from downunder looking like this:

Picture123.jpg

:mrgreen:

Good looking tin you've got there!!

Dockside85 said:
Bugpac said:
Dockside85 said:
What kind of car is that??

A holden Ute I think..

Looks cool. Like an updated El Camino. Wonder if Chevy will ever bring that one back.

Avalanche is the modern day version of the ElCamino.

I wish they would bring standard transmissions back in trucks, and the 4 banger doesnt count.

Dockside85 said:
What kind of car is that??
thanks for your kind words guys,, the car is a Holden commodore SV6, sold in America as a G8 pontiac, don,t know if you get the ute version though ??

Attachments

• Pontiac-G8-3.jpg
    Pontiac-G8-3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,320
  • Pontiac-G8-1024x768.jpg
    Pontiac-G8-1024x768.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,320
did a bit more on the boat over the weekend, fitted a livewell pump & bilge pump, fitted a drian pipe to the anchor well, plumbed & fitted a light to the livewell, I took it for a test run this afternoon & all works well, the way I,ve set up the livewell is to fit a tube as the over flow, when you pull the tube out it drains the well,,cheers,,jayson,,,,,,

Attachments

• Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 512
  • Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 512
  • Picture 126.jpg
    Picture 126.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 512
  • Picture 128.jpg
    Picture 128.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 512
  • Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 512
  • Picture 131.jpg
    Picture 131.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 512
Very Cool =P~ Did You fab the livewell as well? That's a very neat looking setup and very similar to what I'm doing on My 16' Grizzly. Looking forward to any updates, and of course more pics. =D>