Quantum Reels - Worst Customer Service

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Sent a defective Quantum Spinning reel back to Quantum for repair. Two weeks later they returned the reel un-reparied and told me they no longer carry parts for this reel. The reel was only a few years old and was not abused, it was defective (bad gears).

I urge everyone to not purchase anything from Quantum / Zebco as they refuse to stand behind their products. I am not only out the cost of the reel, but now the shipping charges to have the same POS defective reel

Buy any other brand
- I returned a few Shimano reels and they always fixed them ASAP

Man thats no good, what the heck is wrong with them? I dont believe their excuse.

shamoo said:
Man thats no good, what the heck is wrong with them? I dont believe their excuse.

I think it is BS as well, I wrote and told them so.

I am making it my mission to spread the word - I hate a manufacturer that does not stand behind their product

If you want me to send an e-mail to them I will, the more complaints about this one product might make them think twice and man up.

Not to go against the grain of your problem with their customer service, but I have two Quantum Catalyst (40 series) spinning reels that I've had for going-on 3-4 yrs with no problems. The very first time I used the Shimano Sahara I have, one of the decorative brass (plastic) side plates fell-off. Didn't affect the performance of the reel, but I was a little disappointed in the piece falling off of a new reel. A little Gorilla Glue fixed it.

headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

Waterwings said:
Not to go against the grain of your problem with their customer service, but I have two Quantum Catalyst (40 series) spinning reels that I've had for going-on 3-4 yrs with no problems. The very first time I used the Shimano Sahara I have, one of the decorative brass (plastic) side plates fell-off. Didn't affect the performance of the reel, but I was a little disappointed in the piece falling off of a new reel. A little Gorilla Glue fixed it.

headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

Ya the Quantum customer service isn't all that great. Thats why in fishing shows I friend up with the sales reps. :p

You guys can't be serious about Quantum being as bad as some claim it is.

Did you try this for purchasing your new parts?
https://www.tackleservice.com/

:? Been using all Quantum's for the past 5+yrs and if one breaks or is defective, I get a free replacement in the mail.... Doesn't happen often (reel problems). But if reel is no longer under warranty, then I can get whatever parts I need for it in the link above and thankfully I know how to fix it.

I don't want to get into a debate, but I'm as "anti-shimano" as it gets. :lol: =D> [-X

Maybe it's just a bunch of bad luck for some.

AndewR - my point is not that Quantum / Zebco makes bad stuff, just that they refused to stand behind what they sold! I contacted them - they told me to return the reel and then a week later they send it back untouched, WTF?

I use Shimano as an example - I have a number of their reels - whenever I have a problem they are on it. I send a letter or email and THEY CALL ME to see what can be done.

If Quantum / Zebco offered me anything I would be happy - but I get nothing!

PS - I am up to email number 5 without a response!!!!

Just got off the phone with Quantum - Spoke with a "Lee" She told me that there is NOTHING Quantum will do - they no longer sell that reel so I am SOL

She suggested that I throw the reel away and purchase a new reel - WTF!!!

I told her I would do just that - but it sure as heck woudl not be a Quantum reel

I AM PISSED

esquired said:
Just got off the phone with Quantum - Spoke with a "Lee" She told me that there is NOTHING Quantum will do - they no longer sell that reel so I am SOL

She suggested that I throw the reel away and purchase a new reel - WTF!!!

I told her I would do just that - but it sure as heck woudl not be a Quantum reel

I AM PISSED

I feel your pain man. Touch wood that I don't have any problems with my Quantums. I just order parts from my friend that owns a tackle repair shop.

Thats not exactly what you want to hear from a representative [-X , like you said buy a shimano and send the quantum to baddict(bassaddict)LOL

esquired said:
AndewR - my point is not that Quantum / Zebco makes bad stuff, just that they refused to stand behind what they sold! I contacted them - they told me to return the reel and then a week later they send it back untouched, WTF?

Just curious.... What model reel are we talking about in particular?

Since the corporate people in Oklahoma aren't listening, then why not just take the reel into a local certified Quantum dealer, have them check it out and fix it? :lol: There's lots in PA. https://www.quantumfishing.com/DealerList/default.aspx?state=PA

I am not so concerned about getting the reel fixed as I am with Quantum's complete disregard for the consumer. How will a Quantum authorized repair shop be able to fix a reel that Quantum refuses to repair? Why should I have to pay for a factory defect - the gear disintegrated!

Latest posts