quit smoking?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm praying for you all that are trying to quit. I was successful in 1984. Quit so I could win a girl's heart. It worked. We dated for 3 years before I came to my senses again. No...I didn't start up again either....and now I have the best girl in the world. My wife of course! :wink:

I would like to know how did you start? What made you begin smoking?

My smoking career began and ended with about two puffs when I was about 12 years old - my thought was, "Man, that is nasty!" That's it - the beginning and ending of my smoking. Hated them every since. So, why did you start?

I quit November 8th of last year. I have actually lost weight because when I would eat something I wanted to smoke. So I would rather skip the snacks than fight that huge craveing. So far so good. I went the the DFA today and that was the worst craveing Ive had since the first month. Is every state horrible when it comes to getting tags on you vehicle?

i qiut 2 years ago. i bought a new g3 with the money not spent on cigs.i used chantix,which was covered by my extended health plan thru work. i first quit for 5 years after smoking for 20, smoked for 2 more before the last time i quit. the wife just cant stop.she's been unusually quiet about the boat though :D

going to give it a try.the price of them now you could buy a yacht with the money you would save

I quit cold turkey 7 years ago and have'nt had a drag since.Not that I have'nt wanted one occasionally.You just have to want to quit otherwise its not gonna happen. Now I just wish my wife would quit so the house would be smoke free.Good Luck hope you make it

I quit cold turkey 8 years ago, after yearly bouts with bronchitis and developing severe asthma. As many have said, you have to commit to quitting. The physical withdrawals suck, but they're temporary. I did have to stop drinking coffee for a little while, and had to be careful about eating to satisfy the oral fixation. In the end it's all worth it.