Rebuilding memories and making new ones (1986 GAME FISHER)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did some work on the boat over the weekend. I was able to carpet and install the front bench seat. I also replaced the inner transom board with the outer one to come shortly. I think I may have tightened the two top bolts a little much cause the bottom bolts began seeping after replacement. I also installed a small cutting board on the rear seat to not only keep it a little cleaner (when using crawlers with the kiddos) but possibly for mounting a fish finder. Heres some updated photos of the boat.

Attachments

• UPDATED #1.jpg
    UPDATED #1.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,044
  • UPDATED#4.jpg
    UPDATED#4.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 1,044
  • UPDATED#3.jpg
    UPDATED#3.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 1,044
First of all thanks for the kind words guys....

So that boat has been giving me back aches for as long as I can remember. Now that she is getting a face lift I would love to add a couple seats to it. My original idea is to keep the middle as is (in case I add a cooler/livewell later) and add a seat in the back for me and one up front to be used with the casting deck.

Since my boat is stored at camp, I would like to have something that I could easily remove and place in my camp when I leave and just toss on when I get there. I also am looking for suggestions regarding mounting brackets and or a support base.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time

Dave

Nice boat, nice work, nice progress! ditto on the cutting board, may have to be a copy-cat...

nlester said:
loooking good. Looks like you might be mounting your sonar transponder on a clamp on bracet.

Yeah the water is so low this year........doesnt seem to be affecting the fishing though at all. I have had a great season. Even entered a white pearch caught by my son in the Vermont Master Angler program.They send the kids a certificate.....he is so excited!!!!!! Little does he know that I have it already and framed it for him for his birthday!!!!!! (AWESOME PROGRAM BTW)

Alan said:
Nice boat, nice work, nice progress! ditto on the cutting board, may have to be a copy-cat...

Thanks for kind words....my pals all laughed at me when I told them what I was doing with the cutting board.......Now there headed to Walmart for there own :D Looking forward to following your build.

So any advice on removing the old Game Fisher decals?

Attachments

• game fisher decal.jpg
    game fisher decal.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 1,020
I see how your carpet came out..nice job. Clean and tight. Im going to staple myself....

I have a 16' V that I use on big water, love it. Great job on your mod

Sorry guys no recent updates......(been super busy at work). Headed to camp this week so we will see what we can get done.

Dave

So any advice on removing the old Game Fisher decals? Gonna be working on it in the next few days and I'm trying to plan ahead. Thanks in advance?

Latest posts