Redoing My 1960 Starcraft again

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Sisk

Reaction score
I just did a mod to my boat last summer but since i have been a member here ive decided to redo every thing. :D the boat is 16x54 1960 star craft, really solid boat. i got lucky and run across 1x2in.alum.really strong stuff.We were doing a remodel at the place i work and put in new track lighting,well the track is made out of the alum.To make a long story short the ordered 40 lights to many,now i have 40 eight ft sticks of this stuff that i didnt have to pay for :D :D :D To top this off my father in law works for the bridge and sign dept.and he says he can get me some old rd signs for nothing he says there are some good size pieces out back of the building.Do you guys think that will be strong enough to use on a deck?I have one more ?how do you pop rivet stuff.Im pretty handy but have never used one before.P.S. ibought me a dig.camera Kodak something.Takes good pics,so now i can post some.By the way went out sun. and got the big skunk :( :(

Hey Pit, cant wait to watch your re-rebuild :p . Now that you got that new camera you've got to send me some pictures of the front covered section you removed on yours.

The road signs should be .125 or .1875 and plastic coated. Gonna have to get a really heavy duty rivet gun.

Check the specs on your track lighting, it may not have any strength and be a brittle cast extrusion.

Jamie

Took your advise on the track lighting to see how strong it is.I took an 8ft piece and put my foot on it to bend it and wasnt real easy to bend just kind of twisted.Didnt put all my strength in it,but it seemed to work ok.

You'll be ok with the tracking... remember you're going to have bracking every so many feet and that will support everything. Nice score on the old road signs too...

Latest posts