Reelfoot Lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coy

Reaction score
I just noticed this forum and thought I would share some pics that I took at Reelfoot Lake in Tennesee. We take an annual trip there and stay at Blue Bank Resort. If you hae not been, I highly recommend it. Great place for a little bt of money.

Attachments

• Reelfoot 005.JPG
    Reelfoot 005.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,009
  • Reelfoot 071.JPG
    Reelfoot 071.JPG
    703.8 KB · Views: 3,009
  • Reelfoot 075.JPG
    Reelfoot 075.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 3,009
That lake is beautiful. We went down there last year for 4 days and nights with 13 guys for a bachelor party. The only things we caught were hangovers but we did not try very hard.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

Those pictures are awesome. Love that third one. Look at all those Tin Boats! :beer:

Blue Bank Resort?

I'm going to check it out.

Jim said:
:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

Those pictures are awesome. Love that third one. Look at all those Tin Boats! :beer:

Blue Bank Resort?

I'm going to check it out.

Check out Cypress Point also.

Great shots. I am from Alabama and have been reading about Reelfoot Lake all of my life. Reelfoot Stump Jumper boats...wood boats with a briggs and stratton inboard. I have always wanted to go to Reelfoot, maybe this year.

Flintcreek

Ya'll let the one for 2011 slip through the cracks. :lol:

I'd be up for an hour road trip. (You gotta love living here. I'm 15 minutes from KY Lake and 1 hour from the foot)

Check out Boyette's just down the street from the Blue Bank if you want to eat so much it will make you miserable.

Nice pics!

I will be there April 7-10! Counting down the days! I have been reading some crazy stuff online though. Something about pumps taking all of the water out of the ground and causing reelfoot lake to drop in water level. Anyone hear anything about this? You Quackerstacker? Anyways, would be cool to finally meet some of the posters on here, and I may have to hit up Boyettes this year. Pretty good food huh? See you there? :)

Jim said:
Closest major airport is in Arkansas?

I was thinking Memphis but there could be one closer in AR, I suppose.

I haven't heard anything about pumps taking all of the water unless it was a result of last year's drought and farmers trying to irrigate. We've had plenty of water in the last month to fill it back up. The Mississippi has been out of it's banks down in that area a couple of times now. Are you going after crappie or bluegill?

I grew up closer than an hour's drive to it but have never fished it because of the out of state license requirement. When you have KY Lake practically at your back door, you don't really need to travel anywhere else unless you just want a change of scenery. :)

Jim said:
Closest major airport is in Arkansas?quote]
Quackrstackr said:
I was thinking Memphis but there could be one closer in AR, I suppose.

Jim, Memphis will probably be the closest with direct flights. I'd be happy to pick you up and give you a ride :lol:

nathanielrthomas said:
Im definately down. Reelfoot isnt that far for me at all. As long as im still in the states at that time. 2011 would be better :D

Already used used my vacation days (planned for the year) for 2011. I wish coy posted that picture sooner. :LOL2:

Latest posts