Repaint motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danmyersmn

Reaction score
I am planning to get started with a complete redo out my boat this winter after the Musky/Pike season dies down. At this point I am collecting pieces needed for when I start gutting the boat. The first thing I plan to do is paint the motor. I figure I will need to winterize it, and have it off my boat for the mod so I can paint it before putting it into storage. Also, I can paint the top while I am still "in season" and if it comes down too it leave it off the boat for a weekend. I am debating what products to use and I have not found any results posts from using Moeller products. After prep work I was thinking I would use the Moeller Primer on the lid and the Zinc Chromate on the engine then spray them both with the Moeller Marine engine paint followed up with new decals.

Has anyone used this product before? How does it hold up over a few years?

I've never heard of Moeller, so I can't give you any info. I can tell you that you could use just about any product out there and have good results. Just take your time and you will do fine.

Welcome!

Latest posts