Rhino liner question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyatts dad

Reaction score
For those that have applied the bed liners of various brands and have had them for a while I have a question. Any regrets? it looks like a great idea for eliminating the mess of a carpet changeout later, but i wonder about the added weight, noise reduction compared to carpet and it is permanent, so i would think it would make a future build out, modifications or repairs horrible. I was thinking of applying the bed liner product and then have some small walk off type rug pieces to help with noise created by dropped items and bare feet. Has anybody had these products applied long enough to reach any conclusions on this point?

I have applied Rhino liner on tugboats I used to run and it works great for a tugboat steel deck. It did wear it off faster than I had thought it would but we were very abusive to it. One thing I do know is you don't want to be walking on it in bare feet! It will take the skin right off your feet. And another drawback is how HOT it gets in the sun! Like standing on a tar roof!

I wouldn't put it on a pleasure boat or fishing boat IMO. It worked good for our tugboat decks because when the deck was wet (which was always) you still had great traction and footing.

I had seen colorized liner material and was thinking of a lighter color, not hte std black and have noticed some of the JB manufs using it in that manner, my biggest concern is eliminating future options, but prob should not worry about that, I guess if you tore out old carpet and painted over the glue, it would be the same effect. LOL

I have no regrets from adding mine. I used a gray colored Herculiner. The only issue I've had is some surface separation in some spots. The gray color has not gotten too hot (and I live where it consistently gets 100+ degrees in spring/summer), I go barefoot all the time with no discomfort, the traction is great, and it helps with noise reduction (I fish with a 4 yr. old who is always moving around and/or dropping stuff). You can check mine out by clicking on the link in my signature. Thats just my .02 worth. :D

Latest posts