Rust-Oleum spray paint cure time?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatfishLady

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

What is the right answer for curing time for the spray? I want to use the spray because they have colors I like. I've searched and searched and see different answers. I guess it would be best to spray it twice? I want to be able to get this boat out in the water in a little over a week when I go on vacation. I'm a new boat owner and clueless on all this stuff. Since it's bare aluminum I'll get the self etching spray and lightly spray that first.

Thank you!

I would spray a thin coat and let dry a 2-3 hours and then reapply another coat and then let dry for 24 -48 hours. Can't say if this is gold but what I would do. If need be test it on a scrap piece of aluminum 1st to get the exact science down before you tackle the whole tin.

I'd wait until you get back from your vacation. Rushing the job will probably not get the results you want.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342247#p342247 said:
CatfishLady » 19 Feb 2014, 18:47[/url]"]Colbyt, I haven't bought it yet. :D

Thanks for the replies! I decided I need to wait a while before tackling this.

That is fair and honest.

I suspect DrNip is on target with his reply. My problem is I never get the coat light enough so I always need extra dry time.

Latest posts