Sad Morning for my Tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pinalski said:
Hi all.
Sorry for the late reply. My employer frowns on cell use while on duty.
I appreciate all the fantastic responses. I live on Lake Conway in central Arkansas; on the "poor" side mind you. This little one is all i have. That being said i'll start looking for a mod v on cl.The repairs don't have to be perfect. I use my Tin to access the cypress and pads around my place. Sometimes i run a evinrude 4hp on it, but usually just paddle around. Guess I'll go to harbor freight for a cheap come along. Thanks again!
I think I would get it as straight as possible and roll it as is (fish it). It is a testament on the ruggedness of tin boats,
certainly has character, and no one will ever steal it from you. Jerry....Rat Rods Rule :)

I have repaired similar damage. The trick is to cut the toprail section out back aways from the damage . Then you are not fighting its strength. Straighten the top rail seperate from the side piece. With the top rail removed the side will go back in position much easier. The rail will require much more pressure to straighten so it can be done on a bench. get them both as straight as you can and the put the top rail back on. As far as the cuts in the rail? Well you can get them welded or live with them. Just my 2 cents, Adam Webb

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=348337#p348337 said:
WebbsWelding » Today, 15:18[/url]"]I have repaired similar damage. The trick is to cut the toprail section out back aways from the damage . Then you are not fighting its strength. Straighten the top rail seperate from the side piece. With the top rail removed the side will go back in position much easier. The rail will require much more pressure to straighten so it can be done on a bench. get them both as straight as you can and the put the top rail back on. As far as the cuts in the rail? Well you can get them welded or live with them. Just my 2 cents, Adam Webb
Sounds like a very good plan of attack that would have great results.