SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rome8899 said:
Sorry to be behind the times, but Ober51 has solved his dilema, and no longer "NEEDS" this motor. Anyone else interested? The motor is in great shape for its age. I don't have the title, as I used it as a kicker on a larger boat, I no longer have. I'll try to work on the paperwork. If anyone is interested in the motor, I would still like to try to relay it through members, to save on shipping expenses for the new owner. Thanks Scott

Actually, I backed out of the other motor, the guy wont even let me bring my own stuff to demo the engine before I buy it, so thats a red flag. And the Yamaha is 400, trying to stomach that is tough. If you were interested, I would pay the freight, I just need to know how much it will cost.

Just saw that you arranged with someone else - crap. I guess I missed the boat...and the motor. #-o

ober51, sorry we got our lines crossed, I thought you had purchased a motor,and did'nt "NEED" this one. Please be advised; since I got out of the big boat, and motor trend, I have many friends in the smaller trend. I will do my best to oblige you're "NEEDS". Let me know, kinda, what you're looking for and I'll do my best to help you out. Sorry Scott

rome8899 said:
ober51, sorry we got our lines crossed, I thought you had purchased a motor,and did'nt "NEED" this one. Please be advised; since I got out of the big boat, and motor trend, I have many friends in the smaller trend. I will do my best to oblige you're "NEEDS". Let me know, kinda, what you're looking for and I'll do my best to help you out. Sorry Scott

I'm in the market for a 10 HP or fewer motor to push a 14ft semi v. At this point, given that you've decided to go with someone else, I might bite the bullet and buy the Yamaha. It will set me back but the guy insists it runs like a dream.

rome8899 said:
Well there ya go yourself. Sounds like you're in "NEED" of a good motor, and I have a motor that "NEEDS" a good transom. Where in Ga. I could probably get it to the SC Ga state line @ I-85. Just need to know which direction, to get this started.

So basically you are starting this off as a pass the motor around to various members who temporarily need a good motor to get on the water, and then they pass it on when they upgrade? If I interpreted that correctly, that is an excellent idea! In 20 years, it will be interesting to see how far around the country this motor makes it, and how many different species of fish it pushed boats to catch.....

jims72 said:
What do you think freight would cost to mesa, az? Zip 85208

I think it depends on how you send it, no? USPS, UPS, and FedEX all likely have different rates, fees, etc. I can ask my brother who builds and rebuilds car engines and sends them everywhere, even internationally. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to when he was making me help him when I was a bit younger, so all the knowledge of engines begins and ends with him.

I'm still not trying to be an a$$, but help my fellow fisherman! I offered motor to jims72 originally, with no response. Then ober51 PM'd me wanting the motor. I start trying to get the motor to him, and read on the other forum where he's already purchased another motor. He no longer "NEEDS" this one. Brine contacts me via this forum, we correspond, and good Lord willing, we'll meet somewhere at the SC Ga border fri. afternoon, and the motor is his, ( no strings, have fun, glad he could use it). My later correspondence to you ober51, was trying to see if I may be able, to find you another motor! Not some pass around game!!! Please forgive me for giving a f@#k. I still have another motor, (9.9 Tohatsu). I'm just not sure if I'm ready to part ways with it yet. Later, Scott

Sorry bassboy!!! I don't have my glasses on, and thought you were ober51, trying to state that I'm playing some kind of game. You're idea sounds like a really good one. I'll pass it on to brine ( if he doesn't read it first). Maybe as each new owner upgrade, they pass it along to another member who "NEEDS" it. Great idea bassboy see ya later, Scott

rome8899 said:
I'm still not trying to be an a$$, but help my fellow fisherman! I offered motor to jims72 originally, with no response. Then ober51 PM'd me wanting the motor. I start trying to get the motor to him, and read on the other forum where he's already purchased another motor. He no longer "NEEDS" this one. Brine contacts me via this forum, we correspond, and good Lord willing, we'll meet somewhere at the SC Ga border fri. afternoon, and the motor is his, ( no strings, have fun, glad he could use it). My later correspondence to you ober51, was trying to see if I may be able, to find you another motor! Not some pass around game!!! Please forgive me for giving a f@#k. I still have another motor, (9.9 Tohatsu). I'm just not sure if I'm ready to part ways with it yet. Later, Scott

Scott, thanks again for the original offer. I actually did something like this with some fly fishing stuff. Some people were nice enough to give me some stuff to get me started, and when I am done I will be passing it forward. It's a great concept if it gets to the right people.

I hope Brine enjoys the motor and takes good care of it.

MC

rome8899,

Check your PM's. Disregard the duplicates. I didn't think they were going through. Just wanted to give you my phone number.

Thanks

rome8899 said:
Sorry it took so long something is up with my internet I would be interested in the motor and appreciate the offer.If there have been other arrangements it is ok as I do have three outboards just none of them would be as reliable[my sea king left me stranded for 3 hours].If there is some one with a greater need that does not have a motor I agree that they need it more as i do have three outboards.Just let me know whats up and I will talk to ups and find out the shipping.This is why I joined this forum the people really care and aren't here to just brag and cause trouble.