Scottsboro, AL Guntersville Report : 9/21-9/23

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
We launched at Goose Pond ramp, paid the 2 bucks to park ( nice area too ) and was trying to get the bass to hit frogs on the grass mats.

The bite was off and we really didnt catch many fish at all, we tried black Spro Frogs, black and white horny toads, 10inch worms, Lucky craft Sammys, heck I even through some KVD 2.5s into some of the standings sparse areas. I did get lucky with a buzzbait on the outside of the mats and my buddys got bit on a 1oz tungsten weight with a 4/0 widegap and a PacaCraw from Netbait.

Biggest bass was 3.5lb off a Showboatlures.com swimbait. BTW: On my stop in Knoxville to hook up with our friends , I met the owner and wife of Showboatlures and they are really nice people and have a neat shop for his custom jigs and spinnerbaits and plastics.. that man has some talent, for sure!!

Everyone we talked to said the bite was off and some were even leaving the hotel early.. One man said that " i've been here for 7 yrs and this is the worst ever ".

Maybe it will pick back up in a few weeks but I can't make it then...

Without pictures... it's just another fish story. :popcorn:

I hope you kept and ate those green trout you caught, those things pester the snot out of me when I'm Crappie fishin'.

... btw, the Crappie bite is turning on... you should've targeted them instead and you'd have caught more and bigger bass too.

That was the 1st time I had been there.. I didnt know anything about the lake except for following a friend from Knoxville TN. He said that lake is awesome this time of year.

I had bought a new med. heavy Skeet Reese 7 foot 6 inch rod, 65lb braid, 1oz tungsten weights to help get through the grass and to have enough power to horse them out..

The few that were caught were thrown back. I have never fished that type of grass mat before. Totally different from what I am use to doing in WV.

We don't know what shut them down this weekend. I did have a great time visiting with a friend of mine and getting away for the weekend..

Latest posts