Sea Bass help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
My old lady went to charlson sc for the weekend and went by the port to get us some seafood

she came home with a dozen sea bass, dozen blue crab and lots of jumbo shrimp. I forgot what real saltwater fish tasted like. It blew my mind when i opened the cooler to abunch of live crabs and fresh seabass not even filled' (sp?) out. This ole country boy hasnt lived near the cost in probably 15 years. you just dont get that stuff around here and the stuff in the restraunts tastes like the frozen fish in the box you used to get in school

Do any of yall got any good reciepes for sea bass? i just lay'd the tony sacherys and blackend seasing to them, wraped in tin foil and threw on the grill. It was delicious but i'd like to try somthing differnt this weekend when we cook out for our folks.

also with the blue crab. fist time cooking um.. I just threw abunch of blackend seasoning in a pot and boiled them. Anybody got any secrete reciepes for them? they was still great just curious how yall do it

thanks for any tips!

im ruined now... freshwater bass just wont ever be the same :?

When we cook sea bass, we just dip it in a little egg and then panko bread it and quick fry it in some butter....very tasty!

Old thread, so I imagine that fish has been "recycled". :wink:

But, for future reference, for the crabs, use Old Bayseasoning rather than the Blackened stuff.

The Sea Bass... like you said, nothing tastes like fresh fish from the ocean. 8) So, keep it simple. If the fish are big enough, fillet them and then grab a frying pan, add a little olive oil, season the fish with a bit of salt, white pepper and garlic powder and saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on one side and about 2 minutes on the other (until the fish flakes with a fork). Serve with a light sprinkle of dried dill, a splash of lemon or lime and enjoy.

Latest posts