Sea Nymph 161 rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So now I have 2 metal boats to build.. my 1987 Lowe 14 that I will be replacing the transom and floor on and now a 1992 SeaNymph 161 with a 92' Evinrude 50 and 9.9 hp motors. The Nymph is overall in good condition and will be replacing the marine plywood, little that there is and the carpet. Main issue is that it looks like I will need to rewire it all. Questions are:

1) Does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram anywhere? The last owner was going to replace the fuse panel and tossed it out, so I have plugs but no idea where they go.

2) I am considering changing to a permanent tank and looking for ideas and suggestions.

If anyone has some parts that may work on this moat let me know.

Thanks

I have a 1992 Sylvan 16' with a built-in fuel tank. Under the floor about 2/3 of the way toward the rear. 18 gallon plastic Moeller tank, works great but fill cap is in a bad location, often thought about changing the location. Any pics on your sea nymph ?? Most boat mfgrs do not create a wiring diagram....never saw one in my 60 plus years....engine yes but not boat itself.
Any wood in the transom ? My Sylvan is all aluminum, only the floors and front deck are wood. In the near future, the carpet will be coming out when time to replace the floor wood....

Latest posts