SEAT BASE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAY BEAGLE

Reaction score
Question: Looking at my options for seat bases. Any Mounts will have a sub structure below the base, to give the sturdiness and mounting area needed.

With that said ..... rear seat will be using a "tiller" - so I would like the height option to be considered.
Front seat will be for fishing, and for passanger going from point "A" to "B" - would it stay the same height for fishing as it would for running. My options?

Thanks in advance -

Hi:

I personally would want my passenger as low as possible for safety, although I clearly don't mean sitting on the floor, lol!

For short runs on calm waters ... have at it. Maybe one of those adjustable posts would do it ... ?? ... but I think they have a somewhat limited range, maybe 6" max.

Or, what I did for a friend last Summer was, I had an old, used 3" diameter offshore pedastal base with 8" in 'fixed' height adjustment, by a large locking knob. He bought a 1-1/4" Attwood (?) adjustable post with a 6" height pneumatic/spring adjustment and I configured a sleeve/bushing arrangement to hold the smaller post securely into the larger base post.

The larger base is for rough adjustment of height (via the knob) while the smaller post is for instant/fine tuning to the individual's height for comfort (via the lever). So he got a total of 14" travel or height difference. I don't have pictures, but he said it works out really, really well! In seas or waves, he retracts them both as low as possible, as we boat in saltwaters.

Thanks DaleH. I have 3" in my big boat. Planning on upgrading to captain chairs in that boat. It utilizes 3" pedestal Mounts. Need to take a ride to BASSPRO, and see the other mount and it's potential - thanks for sharing.