Second duck hunt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switchback

Reaction score
Well my first duck hunt ever was a group hunt and I got my first duck. This last saturday I went on my second trip. Been duck hunting in the morning and deer hunting the evening hunts. Just had a snow storm day before Christmas and it melted off by the day after. (yeah snow storm in TX.). When we got there wheather said wind chill made it feel like 18 degrees. I was plenty warm and got 3 birds. Wish they would have been flying better. Total of six birds. I was happy with that. Went deer hunting that evening and got in the woods about 1 hour before deer moved and had a shooter buck and 5 does on me but no shot. Watched them for an hour. Going back to try to get on some deer in the morning.

snow storm 12-24-09 (Small).jpg

photo (Small).jpg

Attachments

• pic 10   12-26-09 (Small).jpg
    pic 10 12-26-09 (Small).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 893
You guys are killin' me....... :cry:

Congrats on the hunt. It's still sucking arse in KY. We went this morning and didn't see 70 ducks.

We haven't had a measurable snowfall in over two years and you guys get one in TX. I'm not living right or something.

Thanks guys.

Quackrstackr, I hear ya. The birds are slowing down here. The guy that took me, took his brother on his first hunt Monday. They ended up with a bird apiece.

Rick, I've seen some teal but haven't shot any yet.

Which are your favorite eating ducks?

I really don t have a favorite eating duck, I like just about all of them. Coots and Galnules are not bad tasting either.

We made another hunt today , but all we got was a mottle duck and a blue wing teal.............

Latest posts