Skunked

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
This weekend was the opener of WI gun season. We had 3 guys out and covered our long 40 acres nicely. Unfortunatly, we only had a shot at one buck. Till Sunday night, we had only seen that one deer. For those of you who aren't familiar with WI, everyone hunts opening day. The longer you sit, the more deer you see as everyone else is moving them around when they trek through the woods. I generally see 10+ on opening morning and have my pick of what to shoot. I hunted 90% of the daylight hours, moved my stand to cover more area, and saw exactly 0 deer. Bow season I saw one buck and no does. I had some on the game cam, but not too many deer. This is the first season (in 13 at this place) that I have ever been skunked for even seeing deer.

My best guess is someone needs meat for their family and is harvesting out of season. At least that's what I hope is happening. Any other alternatives I can think of are not good.

Guess i just needed to complain a bit.

WAS IN SOUTH DAKOTA LAST WEEK SEEN MORE DEER THAN I HAVE IN A LONG TIME... DROVE THROUGH WISCONSIN, SEEN A BUNCH ON THE WAY, INDIANNA WAS ABSOLUTELY LOADED WITH DEER IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Latest posts