Sometimes bigger is better

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
I took a friend from church for his first ever bass fishing trip this past Saturday. We hit a local electric only lake for a few hours in the evening. The weather was all over from light rain to bright and sunny. Started out with baby brush hogs and senkos to see if we could get him his first bass. We fished for about an hour and I kept getting soft short strikes and couldn't hook up for the life of me. I downsized to a beaver and still couldn't get a hookup. switched to a smallie beaver then a 4" shakey head and still the fish were only bumping it. Decided I was going to go the other way and broke out a 12" curly tail worm. On the second cast I catch a little guy about the same size as my bait. and a few casts later land a nice 2.5lb chunk. I am on to something. I get my buddy switched over to the new monster bait and before the trip is over he gets his first ever lm bass! I don't know who was more excited me or him :mrgreen:

Awesome report. First time bass are always exciting for everyone. That's quite a fish for a first time too. I'd be happy to land that hawg anytime.

Do you realize what you have done? I hope he's not married. [-X

Kidding aside..... congrats to your bud, and way to get him on his first LM! =D>

Latest posts