South jersey duck season opener!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassassassin8

Reaction score
Made a call earlier in the week to hunt one area but with the wind, opted for another area, then lastly b/c of the wind & tide opted for one last area. This was a great call! Had an absolute great morning of hunting. Right after legal gunning began I shot the 1st of 5 of my gwt. I told myself I wasn't going to shoot anymore teal. If something came in it had to be a drake mallard or pintail (neither of which I've shot). After a few more squadron of teal came through, we finally had 2 big ducks came in. I took out the drake mallard & one of my dad's buddies took out the hen. I had my limit by 8 so I called the rest of the morning for them. Between me & two of my dad's buddies, we shot 17 ducks, 1 shy of our limit but lost 2 gtw & a drake mallard giving us a grand total of 14 ducks to take home for the table. Since I couldn't hunt the afternoon, I went out with my dad to play "retriever" and we went to a woodie spot of ours & I watched shoot a beautiful hen & drake woodie. We probably saw 70+. Great opening day for sure. 8)

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

Great job. My buddy was on the lake the other day looking around and said there weren't any ducks on the lake yet. Season hasn't opened here either.