South jersey duck season opener!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassassassin8

Reaction score
Made a call earlier in the week to hunt one area but with the wind, opted for another area, then lastly b/c of the wind & tide opted for one last area. This was a great call! Had an absolute great morning of hunting. Right after legal gunning began I shot the 1st of 5 of my gwt. I told myself I wasn't going to shoot anymore teal. If something came in it had to be a drake mallard or pintail (neither of which I've shot). After a few more squadron of teal came through, we finally had 2 big ducks came in. I took out the drake mallard & one of my dad's buddies took out the hen. I had my limit by 8 so I called the rest of the morning for them. Between me & two of my dad's buddies, we shot 17 ducks, 1 shy of our limit but lost 2 gtw & a drake mallard giving us a grand total of 14 ducks to take home for the table. Since I couldn't hunt the afternoon, I went out with my dad to play "retriever" and we went to a woodie spot of ours & I watched shoot a beautiful hen & drake woodie. We probably saw 70+. Great opening day for sure. 8)

IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4695.jpg

Great job. My buddy was on the lake the other day looking around and said there weren't any ducks on the lake yet. Season hasn't opened here either.

Latest posts