Specks and reds...with Rusty.Hook

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Finally found a local fisherman who is ALMOST as old as I am.

After reading about Rusty.hook's recent success on another forum, I PM'd him for some hints and advice. After an exchange or two, he invited me to join him for a few hours on the water.

Not only did he show me one of his "secret spots"; he shared his favorite local lure with me. He had it all tied up and ready to be placed on the end of my rod.

We launched on a local Bayou ( Bayou..in Louisiana, might be a little backwater creek...in Texas.. a bayou is often a big enough river for a tug boat or bay barge to haul "stuff" to the sea.)

After heading to open water, we stopped and started bumping the soft plastics on the oyster-shell strewn bottom. Rusty even shared his retrieval techniques. This guy should be a guide!

While Rusty caught the first and the last (and more!) fish of our three hour outing..I caught some specks, (Speckled Trout/Spotted Weakfish) and even one small redfish/red drum... More than I expected. Rusty is one fine guy and a better guide.

Sorry for no pix. I forgot my camera in the car, and my cell phone acted up when we tried to get a few shots.

Thanks rusty !!!!
regards, Rich