steam tractors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ayuh, them work good on flat, dry, hard ground.

DSCF4677.jpg

flatboat said:
i like tractors that smell like burnin coal and old grease.

I see you from IL, have you been to the Heston IN steam show? Every labor day. Use to be a yearly event for My Dad, my brother, my Uncle, cousins and I. Very impressive

never made that one , is that just south of southbend . i'll put that in my book of places to go .i've made sycamore, il, egerton ,wi and pontiac ,il shows this year . really hit them just at the right time weather wise .

captian
i saw a fella with a steam boat up in upstate new york , clayton , i think ,been back in the 80's that was kinda cool . they used to have the oldest in water boat show in the country .

ditchen said:
flatboat said:
i like tractors that smell like burnin coal and old grease.

I see you from IL, have you been to the Heston IN steam show? Every labor day. Use to be a yearly event for My Dad, my brother, my Uncle, cousins and I. Very impressive

I've been there a few times. The place in Heston has some steam powered equipment all year, but it's just not an "event" like on Labor day....

Wanted to take the kids there this year, and it didn't work out....Maybe next year.

Alabama inventor breaks record with his wood-burning pickup

https://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/09/springville_alabama_inventor_b.html

SPRINGVILLE, Alabama -- If Alabama State Troopers had asked Wayne Keith why he was running his 1993 Dodge Dakota pickup at 90 mph on I-59 in St. Clair County last week, his reply probably would have resulted in a Breathalyzer test.

His story of making a practice run for a land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats would have likely raised suspicion of a little too much barley and hops.

The 61-year-old Springville inventor is indeed at the Bonneville Salt Flats this week. On Wednesday he set a class world-record in his firewood-powered truck. He went 71.18 mph to break the previous record by more than 24 mph.
Here is a pdf file plans to convert a tractor.

https://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0302hsted/fema.woodgas.pdf

LonLB said:
I've been there a few times. The place in Heston has some steam powered equipment all year, but it's just not an "event" like on Labor day....

Wanted to take the kids there this year, and it didn't work out....Maybe next year.

My kids are grown, my Dad and my Uncle opted for Auburn IN for the car auction instead this year. We did talk about it as we were driving over to Auburn. Maybe next year.

Latest posts