Steel Flex

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Rider

Reaction score
I have seen alot of threads with this steel flex stuff. Where can you get it and how much does it run? I am budgeting my winter mods and paint will be one of them. I would like to use this stuff on the bottom if it is as great as everyone has stated it is.

River Rider said:
I have seen alot of threads with this steel flex stuff. Where can you get it and how much does it run? I am budgeting my winter mods and paint will be one of them. I would like to use this stuff on the bottom if it is as great as everyone has stated it is.

Hi!

Your best bet is to call them direct https://www.fascoepoxies.com/

Mention us here at TinBoats.net :wink:

Yep, buy direct and it is as good as we say. Read up on it, how to apply it.

My application is on my 12' boat mod linked in my signature

Bufford

Yep its good as we say.

Our water has been low in the mornings. and this does not allow us to motor up the shoals. so its time to tow, i.e. drag the boat. Its really works as there is no way I could drag my 22 ft long boat over the rocks without Steel Flex on the bottom.

P.S. I have caught some nice fish!! a recent 10 1/2 pound rainbow.

Thanks guys. I have at least one or two more fishing trips planned this year, but painting my boat is on the winter list of things to do. I will definitely look into getting some of the Steel Flex. I will post the results after it is done.

Well I just the pulled the trigger and ordered some. For those that are interested the original is $42/gal and the new Teflon stuff is $99/gal. $7 extra for color on either and $9 for COD charges. If you call them 305-821-9441 Jerry will be able to answer all your questions.

According to Jerry if you have paint that is adhering there is no need to sand it all the way down to bare metal. Just rough it up, wipe it down, and pour it on. He suggested a low nap roller to push it around.

Do any of you with experience with this stuff have any recommendations? Just wondering how big of a section to tackle at a time.

I applied mine this past weekend and the only recommendations I have are to work with a partner. Have someone mix the two parts together and the other person can roll it on. I used a 3-4" foam roller, which I feel was a pretty good size to have.

When applying the epoxy on the rivets, make sure to roll both directions across the rivet, to insure that it gets fully covered. I would also recommend working in small batches.

Take your time with masking things off and don't try to go too fast either.

Latest posts