Stickmarsh 8-6-08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12ftModder

Reaction score
Going back to the Stickmarsh in the morning. Calm variable wind for the night and only 5-10mph for the day, with possible T-Storms after Noon. looks like i will trolling 4+ miles. Plan on staying in the stickmarsh side. Will give report when I get home. and pics of how far from shore I go..

Sounds like a plan, and hope you catch some whoppers!

tm'ing 4 miles one way!? Just curious, but do you plan on getting a stern-mount tm (as a backup mostly in case the front one craps-out). 4 miles is a long way to paddle. :shock:

It was a beautiful morning on the stickmarsh. 1st at the ramp 5:45am , which I was supprised no one else was there already. Trolling out into the semi dark as the sky was starting to get light, the wind was calm. As we leave the cove and head out into the open water we notice several large aligators, 10ft and up!(too dark for decent pics) So we decide to just troll slowly and fish while heading to west side 2 miles(wish i had GPS so i could find out exactly) away. Every few hundred yards you could spot more aligators. I was counting 6 - 12 gators in view at all times, and was thinking this is gonna be trouble if we get on the fish.

We trolled and fished all the way to west side as the wind started to pick up, missing 1 or 2 @ the NW side. Then used the light NW wind and TM every once in a while to drift to the south end, another 2-3 miles or so away. Still seeing gators as we drift, and my friend missing a few more fish, about midway I see a Bass that had to be 15+lbs come out of the water after what looked to be a xtra large wild shiner. I was in awe! As we close in on the southwest end of the stick marsh I head east, instead of south to the cut that takes you into Farm13(another 4-5 miles to south end of farm, where the guides and people with outboards go!) And finally get my 1st fish in boat after almost loosing it in the sticks+stumps! We fish a bit more around the area to no avail and move to the south to the levee that seperates the stickmarsh and farm13 to take a pic of just how far the south end is :lol:

Then as we start heading east again the wind died and the heat went waaay up! Trolled along slowly fishing 3 different baits, covering acres of water with no luck as the lake became glassy and I began to leak like and old beat jon boat it was time to head north back to the ramp and call it a day. 1 thing i can say that place if FULL of aligators, Id have to say I seen well over 12 dozen gators today and not 1 of them was under 8 foot long! Not a place you would want to sink a boat or go overboard thats for sure!

Sunrise @ The Stickmarsh after trolling for 30 mins
100_1518.jpg

View West with 2 gators easily visible
100_1519.jpg

View North
100_1520.jpg

View South
100_1521.jpg

Northwest Corner
100_1523.jpg

View of West Shoreline
100_1522.jpg

View Back to the East
100_1524.jpg

Southwest shoreline with view of cut to Farm 13
100_1525.jpg

Fish On!
100_1526.jpg

100_1528.jpg

South End Looking South over Levee into Farm13
100_1529.jpg

South End Looking Southeast over Levee into Farm13
100_1530.jpg

South End looking North
100_1531.jpg

South End Looking Northwest
100_1532.jpg

South End Looking East
100_1533.jpg

Thats a Long Way Back To The Boat Ramp.
100_1534.jpg

All in All it was a good day, (any day on the water is a good day!) wore my arm out from casting, seen more gators in 1 day than i ever have in my life, And seen the biggest bass I ever witnessed going airborne for its meal! Now if I could only get a few dozen people with aligator hunting license and thin them suckers out, cuz thats waaay tooo many in there IMHO

Hey,I was just watching T.V. tonight and on infisherman insight they were at Stickmarsh.Showing how to get out of hangups and catching some nice fish.
Will the crocks ever come after your fish when it's hooked?

Zum said:
Hey,I was just watching T.V. tonight and on infisherman insight they were at Stickmarsh.Showing how to get out of hangups and catching some nice fish.
Will the crocks ever come after your fish when it's hooked?

Yes I believe the gators will come to try and eat your fish if ya play it too much. It hasnt happened to me there but i have heard of it happening there, and at other places.

kentuckybassman said:
Awesome pics!! Especially the sunrise picture........I saved it for my desktop background,hope that's ok :mrgreen:

Thanks, and Yes thats fine :) I also have it as my desktop background....

Latest posts