stripes and hybrids

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kybluesnbass

Reaction score
I have been doing well fishing for them @ rough river lake using night crawlers checkin livers and rattle traps on sandy flats throwing into the main chanel and reeling up the flat. Hope this helps out any one in Kentucky who wants to give them a try.

P.S.
I had one straiten out a #2 tru-turn hook.

I go to Herrington Lake (KY) to fish for Hybrids. Go up to the dam and troll the points and along the rock walls around springs with a large "shad" swim bait and it's very effective. I've landed many in the 6-8 lbs. range and had a couple line breaks before I switched to braided line. You also catch monster drum with this method as well.

The last time i went I took my middle son tim and now my 14 year old is wanting to go LOL he wanted me to call him in sick from school to go before the rain comes in today. I told him if he has fishing feaver this young in life he is in big trouble later on. I can see him taking many day's off work to go fishing. Just like his old dad.
I have never eat white drum perch is pretty tasty?

I wouldn't know what a drum taste like. If I was starving I might eat one. I fish purely for sport and only eat catfish out of my family's farm pond. In school, I learned too much about past industrial waste disposal and pesticide use on tobacco around here to trust eating anything out the streams. It's a shame but I don't want to start growing an extra ear on the back of my neck.

Latest posts