Thinkin bout a new project need input!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpress_442

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinkin bout takin on a new project if I can find the time to do it. I have a basic plan based on the current layout of the boat.
What I'm starting with ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351176541.422033.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1351176558.684438.jpg
My plan
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351176459.970029.jpg
Basically what I want to do is put a raised floor around the sides of the boat to have more fishing room and storage and cover the rear of the boat to have walk around space and make standing at the back of the boat to relieve your self a much less tedious task.
Still in the design stage haven't bought any materials yet. Throw me some ideas

By the way believe it or not I've figured up $175 total material cost for the build
Aluminum angle , plywood etc
And by my calculations by the time I pull out the old floor and and the tool box I have for storage currently it will only be adding about 30-40lbs over the boats current weight

I could tell it was a Texas guy by the giant anti-vent plate on the motor :) Looks like a good plan to me. You have may even be able to save a few $ on the angle if you have an old aluminum ladder you're willing to sacrifice. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Unfortunately I don't but it's only $70 for 3 25' sticks of 1"x1"x1/8" thick aluminum depending on the difference in price I may try to go with 1.5"

Better drawing of the final designImageUploadedByTapatalk1351264344.034958.jpg
Sorry if it's hard to see.
I went and picked up a rivet gun and a boat load of 3/16 rivets yesterday and next pay day I'm gonna go pick up the aluminum. Decided to go with 1.5"x1/8" angle for a little extra strength. It's gonna cost an extra $30 or so but in the long run it'll be worth it.

Hey guys also something to think about I would like to raise my transom so I can get rid of one of these jackplates. The extra weight and distance is killing my holeshot. And just a heads up this project is probably gonna take a long time because I am both a full time student and full time worker so spare time is minimal. Thanks for the input guys :)