TimeUSB 100AH 12.8V Pro LiFePO4 Battery Review

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds right to me. 50A should be more than enough.

.02V difference sounds like you got good batteries. I've been very happy with TimeUSB's quality control. I'm up to 8 of them total, including ones I got for my nephew. He is a bass-fishing nut, and he is going to really test those things!

Well...my 2019 group 31 batteries died after only two hours today, so I guess it is time to replace them. So now reading up on these lifepo4 batteries. My 55# MK motor currently runs off two 31 batteries and did last for a good 6-8 hours on the water. I am thinking using only one 100 ah lifepo4 and see how long that runs. Or Mabey jump up to 125 ah or higher single battery. Any advantages/ disadvantages to running duel lifepo4 batteries ?

Well...my 2019 group 31 batteries died after only two hours today, so I guess it is time to replace them. So now reading up on these lifepo4 batteries. My 55# MK motor currently runs off two 31 batteries and did last for a good 6-8 hours on the water. I am thinking using only one 100 ah lifepo4 and see how long that runs. Or Mabey jump up to 125 ah or higher single battery. Any advantages/ disadvantages to running duel lifepo4 batteries ?

Two 12v in parallel, will always be balanced, unlike in series. Not sure about having a dual 12v charger in parallel. That works with most modern chargers and LA batteries. Just not sure with LiFePO4 and the bms. Maybe worth some more digging.

I, too, have a 55# MK. I use a single 100Ah LiFePO4 battery and have never had issue with running out of battery capacity while on the water. I don't have the equipment or meters to reliably check remaining charge at the end of a 6 hour round of fishing.

My boat is only a 14' Lund; it is pretty light and easy for that TM to handle and push.

If it was me, I'd buy a single 100AH battery and run it and then decide if I needed the extra capacity.

I, too, have a 55# MK. I use a single 100Ah LiFePO4 battery and have never had issue with running out of battery capacity while on the water. I don't have the equipment or meters to reliably check remaining charge at the end of a 6 hour round of fishing.

My boat is only a 14' Lund; it is pretty light and easy for that TM to handle and push.

If it was me, I'd buy a single 100AH battery and run it and then decide if I needed the extra capacity.
Thanks for confirming what others have said....thinking about m moving up to a 140 ah battery for only a little more. Have to decide on brand and get a 20 amp lifepo4 charger as well. Most all the 140 battery mfgrs have recommended a 20 amp charger.

Thanks for confirming what others have said....thinking about m moving up to a 140 ah battery for only a little more. Have to decide on brand and get a 20 amp lifepo4 charger as well. Most all the 140 battery mfgrs have recommended a 20 amp charger.

If there's a single upgrade to my LiFePO4 battery that I'd like to have, it's a real Battery Management System that has a readout, or at least a bluetooth connection.

If I was researching batteries, I'd focus on looking at reviews that cover the brand's BMS. I think that's where the real value is coming in these days.

Given that my 100Ah battery cost about $350 in 2022, looking at 140Ah batteries for well under $300 seems like a no-brainer.

Edit to add: I'd also want one with a little bit better safeguards on charging at either end of the temperature scale.

If there's a single upgrade to my LiFePO4 battery that I'd like to have, it's a real Battery Management System that has a readout, or at least a bluetooth connection.

If I was researching batteries, I'd focus on looking at reviews that cover the brand's BMS. I think that's where the real value is coming in these days.

Given that my 100Ah battery cost about $350 in 2022, looking at 140Ah batteries for well under $300 seems like a no-brainer.

Edit to add: I'd also want one with a little bit better safeguards on charging at either end of the temperature scale.

Which compatible battery charger are you using with the LFePO4?