Too much oil?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SMOKES LIKE CAZY, FOULS PLUGS, MAY NOT RUN AT ALL, DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH YOU PUT IN

There will also be a larger amount of 'goo' (sp)',lol,dripping out of exhaust after you back boat into the driveway...ole lady really hates that!
DanD

Ok, my motor is running a little weak and I am getting the oil dripping so I am going to mix up a new 50:1 mixture and do it right this time.

Ok, my motor is running a little weak and I am getting the oil dripping so I am going mix up a new 50:1 mixture and do it right this time. Poor wasted gas. :(

and also....I know it's been up here before on the mixture ratio thing, but my Johnson has a sticker right by the fuel inlet that says 100:1....I've run the mixture at that since I got it and have had zero problems....smokes just a little when cold, then clears right up and starts first pull everytime after......point being, I would'nt be so married to the 50:1 figure...

I know of some hi-po two-stroke motorcycle guys who swear by 125:1 for their machines, even though the factory recommended no more than 40:1. Granted, these are some really hard-core hill climber/sand dragger guys with bikes that have been extensively modified and that normally only run about 5-10 seconds under full throttle....

ALL outboards that require a 50:1 ratio, can safely run at 75:1 (I've actually been told at 100:1), but the manufacurer just wants to protect their product. They figure better too much than not enough. 8)
I've ALWAYS ran my smaller outboards (9.9 or 15hp) that require a premix, at a 64:1 ratio (2 oz of oil per 1 gallon of gas) 8) and use nothing but 100% Amsoil synthetic oil, along with Seafoam in every gallon.

Latest posts