Treated plywood

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those prices were nearly double this past spring/summer, wood prices went crazy for several months, but seems to have come back down.

Half inch by 4x8 foot here is 99.99 and 3/4 inch is 128.99. Not exactly user friendly pricing!

Wow. A couple of months ago I paid about $86 for a 1/2" 4x8 ext grade. I thought prices were down now. Next week I need to pick up a sheet of MDF for a fireplace mantle project. I'm afraid to look.

I paid $50 for a used sheet of 3/4" bcx and was happy about it at the time.

LDUBS said:
Wow. A couple of months ago I paid about $86 for a 1/2" 4x8 ext grade. I thought prices were down now. Next week I need to pick up a sheet of MDF for a fireplace mantle project. I'm afraid to look.

Dunno about Cali - but around here MDF is priced between BCX and ACX (3/4" x 4' x 8' - $46, $37, $65 respectively)

MN Fisher said:
LDUBS said:

Dunno about Cali - but around here MDF is priced between BCX and ACX (3/4" x 4' x 8' - $46, $37, $65 respectively)

I just checked. Sheet of 1/2" MDF is $43 at one of the local home depots.

I guess we have to get used to high prices on everything for a while.

Say thank you to $15/hour minimum wages, and $600/week unemployment during the last year or so.
(Although there is more to blame than just that.)

Roger

Just like the media i see nothing wrong in this thread. Hahaha. Sorry Jim its just a joke. And yes prices are stupid crazy here in Oklahoma also.

Woods bad enough but metal is worse. I priced a piece of that ribbed tin like you can use on a pole building for the sides and roof. It was a 14 foot long piece x about, I think they're 30 inches wide? 58 dollars and that stuff is only .023 inch thick? A 10 foot 4x4 was 27 bucks. I thought these prices are outrageous until I started pricing some wiring. I won't even go there!

Latest posts