Trollin Motor Issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone might know where to get a replacement potentiometer (speed control switch) on a 24V Evinrude Intruder 54. It is essentially the same as a Minn Kota Maxxum from what I understand. I have not been able to locate the specs for the right one. The one that broke (the leads snapped from the soldered joints) had the following written on it: Bourn 96A1DC28H10 1K Mexico 9903X. Anyone know what type might be a good replacement? Here is a picture of it. As it is, I can hardwire the connectors together and at least have full speed.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,201
bAcKpAiN said:
I was wondering if anyone might know where to get a replacement potentiometer (speed control switch) on a 24V Evinrude Intruder 54. It is essentially the same as a Minn Kota Maxxum from what I understand. I have not been able to locate the specs for the right one. The one that broke (the leads snapped from the soldered joints) had the following written on it: Bourn 96A1DC28H10 1K Mexico 9903X. Anyone know what type might be a good replacement? Here is a picture of it. As it is, I can hardwire the connectors together and at least have full speed.

Everything you need to know about the Bournes "90" series pot line

https://www.bourns.com/data/global/pdfs/90sers.pdf

You can hardwire a 1K linear taper pot from Radio Shack to get you by until you find a suitable replacement, it's functionally the same just not sealed and a much lower quality carbon element rather than the higher quality cermet element in the Bournes

Latest posts